Chapter 58

Y/N's POV
It had been four days since I began avoiding Wooyoung and the others. It was hard to avoid eight people especially when we all went to the same university and some had the same classes.

I had just finished my maths class and ran out of the room so I could avoid Seonghwa. Luckily, I made my escape without him realising I had already gone.

As I was walking through the hallway, I saw Wooyoung and Byeongho talking to each other. Wooyoung looked annoyed. "Is it true that you have slept with y/n?" He must have heard us the other day for sure which made me feel slightly better that our plan may have worked.

"What could possibly make you think that? It is the glow she has? Or... maybe the bites on her neck? Or maybe even the PDA?" Wooyoung answered with a smirk.

"Just give me a straight answer!" Byeongho growled.

"I don't understand why you need to know but yes, we have." Wooyoung muttered and walked away: clearly unbothered to care about Byeongho's reaction. I walked away and went to go and sit outside on the field.

I sat down, crossing my legs and opening my bag to get my mathematics revision book out. I spent the past few days revising when it was break time as I needed a distraction and I had nothing else to do.

I got through three pages of my book when someone suddenly threw it out of my hands. I looked up and saw Byeongho who looked enraged. I stood up to walk over to the book he threw when his hand came into contact with my cheek making my head turn forcefully.

"How dare you sleep with someone after knowing them for a few weeks but yet you rejected me for over a year. I cannot believe that you are such a whore. I am so done with you. Don't worry about having to get married to me anymore because I don't want you. Maybe your mother will find someone else. Someone much worse than me that will force himself onto you. It is what you deserve though." He snarled and walked off. As he had left, San came over to me in a rush.

San pulled me into his embrace and held me tight while I stood frozen in shock. "Are you alright?" San moved away slightly but still held onto the side of my arms lightly. I didn't know what to say. Am I ok? I looked up to San and that is when I felt all my emotions come flooding in at once.

Upset.
Scared.
Angry.
In pain.
Relieved.
Worried.

"y/n?" San asked in concern. I still couldn't break out of my trance or thoughts. 

San suddenly grabbed my hands making me come out of my trance. San was looking down at my hands in worry which made me look down too.

"I... I di... I didn't..." San stopped me from panicking.

"It's ok y/n. Don't worry. We can clean them up. Let's go quickly." San grabbed my bag and book that was on the floor and walked me to the outdoor sink area.

I did it again. Without realising. Why didn't I feel it?

After I washed my hand, I look to San. "I have to go." I tried to leave in a rush but San caught my wrist before I could run.

"Please talk to me y/n. Why are you avoiding everyone?"

"I'm not ignoring everyone. I just need a little bit of time to myse..."

"You are avoiding everyone though. You haven't spoken a word to Wooyoung and I in days. You are avoiding all the others as well. I saw you run out of class so you wouldn't have to talk to Seonghwa. You have been doing it all week." San's paused. "I totally understand that you want some alone time but I know something is wrong and I just want to help you."

I kept quiet, knowing that if I spoke up, I would just end up crying. I looked away from San not knowing what to say. I know that if I tell him, he will go to tell Wooyoung how I feel. I don't want Wooyoung to know that I don't feel good enough for him.

"I'm sorry San. I don't want to talk about it." I went to leave but San held me once more.

"Are you scared of him?" I looked at him confused but he carried on. "Wooyoung told me he said something to you that might have made you scared of him."

I gasped in shock. "No. It is not about that. I promise that he isn't the reason. It is me."

San looked confused but also concerned. "Did you do something?"

I shook my head feeling a couple of tears stray from my eyes. I didn't want to cry over this anymore but I couldn't help it.

Maybe if I tell San, it will help. "I'm not good enough for Wooyoung."

"What do you mean? Of course you are." San held onto my shoulders rubbing them comfortingly.

"I have been terrible. When we had dinner the other day when you went out, the whole family had a meal. I felt out of my comfort zone because it wasn't anything like my family meals at home. I saw this beautiful family who loved each other and were happy. It made me realise that I am not good enough for Wooyoung. We would never be able to go to family meal at my house because of the way my family are. I know family is important to him and I bet his parents would love him to be with someone who had a decent family so they could all have meals together. I can't give him that. I will probably never be able to give him that. I know it sounds ridiculous and stupid but..." San pulled me into his embrace before I could say anything else.

"I completely understand you." He said sympathetically. He does?