Bait

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Flagged this aisle." Denki said and ripped the tape with Izuku's knife. He then handed it back to the male as they both stayed behind. They left the entertainment department and now stood in the clothing section. Before they started, they decided to leave a flashlight in each department.

If one fell over or if one casted a shadow they would take cover and proceed quietly to that designated spot. Izuku had thought of the idea. He might have wanted to impress F/n, which didn't go unnoticed by Katsuki and Shoto as they slightly glared at him.

"This looks cool, right?" Denki held up a t-shirt with a band. It was in good condition, a bit dusty, but a quick wash would get rid of it.

"Isn't that Kyoka's favorite band?" Eijiro asked, his expression softening as Denki's face fell and placed the shirt back on the table. He then followed the others, leaving the red head and Izuku behind.

"What happened to her?" Izuku asked, a little afraid to hear the worst news.

Eijiro grabbed the shirt, gave it a look and then placed it in his bag, "She was out scavenging, but it's been two months since she hasn't come back. Usually, we all return in a few weeks and we're not allowed to go farther unless we really need to."

"What was she supposed to get?" Izuku and Eijiro followed the others, staying a bit behind, "You said you each have a designated role."

"She, Tenya, and Mashirao went out to look for weapons. It was a risky job considering everyone else is looking for guns to protect themselves. Denki didn't want her to go, saying he'll miss her making fun of him and miss hanging out with her, but she refused to stay." He then let out a sigh, "But after the first month had passed and they hadn't come back, everyone in the community assumed the worst."

"You didn't communicate with a radio?" Izuku wondered, placing a flashlight on a clothing rack.

"We did, but the radio only does so little. Last thing we heard was static." Eijiro thought back to the day where he heard Mashirao's voice breaking up.

It was very sad to think that the classmates they loved and had spent many fun memories with had passed on. They could only wish that their deaths weren't painful and that their last second before their eyes closed, they had thought about those they dearly loved.

"You think these still work?" Shoto opened the freezer and grabbed a box of frozen vegetables. He checked the label for the expiration date.

"Maybe?" F/n said while looking at the box, "It has been frozen."

"Months ago." Katsuki said while rolling his eyes, "Have you guys ever eaten frozen food or what? If it's no longer frozen then it gets bad. You can freeze it all you want, but it's still bad, idiots."