Nothing else to lose

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Fucking great." Katsuki said as he huffed out a sigh and rubbed his face. Behind a car, he and Shoto crouched as they saw rotters walking sluggishly. There were lots of rotters and that made Katsuki angry but it made him angrier as the chained fence that prevented them from entering had the barbed wires that rested on top.

If they were to climb over it, it would alert the other rotters nearby and behind the fence. They wanted to play smoothly and not cause a ruckus.

While Katsuki was having a meltdown, Shoto squinted at the fence hoping to find a part that was cut but the cars and an army truck prevented him from finding one.

"We have to get closer." Shoto whispered and moved forward without waiting for Katsuki.

Katsuki followed Shoto and whispered to him, "Are you forgetting we only have one life!? There's no point in going in so let's leave."

Shoto rolled his eyes as he stopped behind another car, a rotter moaning at them. He quickly grabbed the rotter and killed it on the spot with a knuckle knife that a previous soldier left behind.

He needed to find a way in. He just wants to know if his family made it out or if they're actually...dead. But at the same time, he doesn't want to put his friend at risk, besides, he just found them.

The blonde next to him shoved the rotter with his foot feeling disgust when he saw maggots in its eyes. He shuddered a shiver and looked at Shoto, "What are you looking for?"

"A way in." Shoto said, "If the criminals came in then they had to find a way. But I'm thinking that they stormed in a different direction."

Katsuki huffed, "If they stormed in a different direction then what the hell are we doing here?"

"I don't want to leave anything behind." Shoto said as he eyed the fence and just as he hoped, he found an opening. "Found it."

Steadily, they avoided the rotters and successfully made it to the fence. They jumped over a concrete barrier and hurriedly crouched down as a rotter had looked their way. They stayed crouched before peeking out, thankfully the rotter walked away.

The two mentally let out a sigh of relief but were startled when they heard a rotter snarl and press itself against the fence. The two jumped in their spot and watched as the gate rattle which caused more noise, attracting other rotters.

"We need to get the fuck out now!" Katsuki whispered as more rotters began to come.

Shoto wanted to stay, to at least find a hope that his family were alive, but he knew deep down that they weren't alive. He saw it himself.

So with his eyes lowered, he nodded and took the lead and ran against the barrier as it would separate themself from the dead. He ran with his knuckle knife readying to kill any dead that got too close and as for Katsuki, he did the same.