For the first time in a long time

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Standing in a party aisle with a basket full of produce, Izuku stood over a shelf of mother day cards. His eyes softened as he read one. He put the card back and closed his eyes. He wasn't sure but he had a feeling that his mothers day had already passed as they entered a new month.

"'Wishing you miles of smiles.'" F/n said which caught Izuku's attention, "These are cringy cards."

"I didn't hear you." Izuku said.

F/n stared at his eyes for a moment before turning her whole body to face him, "What's going on in that head of yours?"

Izuku tensed up, "What makes you say that?"

"You look so lost and distant." F/n said.

I do? Izuku thought to himself and gazed at F/n as she picked the card that he was holding earlier. I know a lot about her yet she doesn't know anything about me.

"Is it your mom?" She said, which caused Izuku to widen his eyes. "How did you know?"

F/n shrugged, "You're standing in a mothers day isle looking at cards meant for mothers."

"Oh, right." Izuku said, but more to himself. He sighed while staring at the mothers day card shelf, "You know mothers day passed. I didn't have time to think about it considering the situation where in, until now."

"You've been keeping track?" F/n said quietly.

"81 days." Izuku solemnly said.

F/n's eyes widened, "Since it all started!?"

"Yeah." Izuku sighed and reached his hand to his nape, his mouth opened but before he could begin to speak, a loud bang was heard from the back of the store. Both their heads snapped towards the bangs direction.

They reached for their weapons and began to carefully walk towards the noise with their basket of food.

Izuku whispered at F/n as the thumpings continued, "I thought you said this place was secure?"

"The inside, not other rooms. I didn't think we'd need to check other rooms when there's food right in front of us." F/n whispered back.

"You think it's the horde from earlier?" Izuku asked as the banging seemed to be more aggressive.

"I honestly don't know." F/n said as she listened intently, "But I don't hear any moans or growls."

They both immediately jumped back, letting their basket go as Izuku held his rifle instead of his knife and with F/n holding her knife. The doors to what they thought was a breakroom opened and a male carrying a dark green bag quickly slammed the door closed and pressed himself to hold it close while breathing heavenly.