book 2 Part 28

"*Pant*... *Pant*... Leona, I did it! Did you see the broadcast?" Ruggie says arriving back at the dorm practice field. "Yeah. That was nice work, Ruggie. So long, Malleus. This year, the throne is mine." Leona says content with the outcome. "Long live the king! Sha ha ha!" Ruggie laughs. "Long live the king! Hooray!" the savanaclaw students yell out in triumph.

"I believe we've heard enough." Riddle says, holding out a device. Which surprised Leona and Ruggie. "Well, well, if it isn't the Heartslabyul kids. And is that Jack? You transfer to Heartslabyul on us, frosh?" Leons asks. "Nah. I just don't feel like celebrating the underhanded accomplishments of a bunch of cowards." Jack says. "You filthy traitor!" Leona spits. "Oh my you seem to know nothing about Traitor's then dear Leona." Magolor says smiling.

"You have tarnished a proud Night Raven tradition. As housewarden of Heartslabyul, a dorm focused on orderliness, I cannot possibly overlook this." Riddle says. "Listen, kiddies—save your heroic speeches for someone who cares, all right?" Leona says. "Honestly, coming into our territory with only a handful of people... It's like you WANT a beating." Ruggie says. "You want us to take care of 'em, Boss?" the savanaclaw students ask. "Sure. Have a little fun with 'em." Leona says.

As tons of Savanaclaw students come up to pick a fight with the group, Riddle and Magolor Fight them off with ease. "Off With Your Heads!" Riddle yelled, collaring students left and right. As Magolor fought back with basic spells. "Urk... they're so strong." "Man, housewardens are no joke." two students say. "Hmph. Nothing but a lot of hot air. Ace, Deuce, are you all right?" Riddle asked. "Yeah. That was nothin'." Ace says "You bet, sir!" Deuce adds.

"Tch. I knew those chumps'd be no match for Riddle. But who knew the egg had it in him." Leona says. "Shyeheehee! Maybe not! But this doesn't change the fact that they were too late to save Diasomnia." Ruggie says. "Oh? That's quite the interesting claim." A small boy with a deep voice says. "They seemed right on time to me." the tall boy says. "Indeed. It's thanks to them that not a single one of Diasomnia House's players got hurt." the silver haired boy finishes.

"What? How?! I saw you get swallowed up by the stampede!" Ruggie yells. "Oh! About that...

So it turns out those were actually duplicates of me, made with my signature Split Card spell." Cater says. "What?" Leona said, eyes widening. "I must admit, I really dig those Diasomnia House outfits. They're so extra! I'll DM you some of my selfies later." Cater says winking.

"Is that right? If I knew you were such a fan, I'd have gladly loaned you mine." the small boy says. "Such a sweetheart! Though I think yours would be a little small for me." Cater says. "All right, can we get to the point?" Leona says, waving the banter off. "Riddle told us everything. So we had him put on that little charade for us." the small boy says.

"Not only that but that device in his hands can record conversions. It took me the whole night, I fell asleep after I finished making it. I'm just glad Riddle could get me the tools and materials for it. So Ruggie, it has picked up everything said. Enough evadice for you?" Magolor says putting his hands on his hips. "So, then... Malleus?" Ruggie says, looking at Magolor. "Oh, he's in top-top shape, of course! He's been clearing up the chaos, using his magic to guide all the people safely back to the coliseum. You can thank him later" the tall boy says.

"H-how could this happen?!" Ruggie says gripping his hair. "...Tch. Whatever. I don't even care anymore." Leona says.