book 2 Part 19

As yuu and Grimm came down the stairs they saw magolor cooking breakfast. "Where did you get everything to make this?" yuu asked. "Eh found it in the fridge. Just eat up, you'll need it." Magolor said. "Oh by the way where were you last night yuu? I got up to warm up some milk. Was gonna see if you wanted some but you weren't there." Grimm asked. "Oh ya I wanted to walk outside but Magolor offered to let me sleep in his room." yuu said. "That reminds me, did you see anyone outside when you went outside?" yuu asked

"Oh ya some dude with dragon-like features was outside. He said to give him a name." Magolor explained. "Ooh, ooh, let me pick it! Howsabout... "Hornton"!" Grimm said. "Nope i already came up with one so sorry." magolor said, winking. "Landia is what I'll call him!" Magolor finished. "Oh how did you come up with that name?" yuu asked.

"Well he reminded me of a dragon so I named him after one Landia, the four headed dragon. This dragon protected a crown until it was defeated by 4 warriors. But the rest is for another time!" Magolor explained. "Wow, I want to know more. Your wayyyy better at telling history than Trein Magolor." Grim said, amazed by Magolor's short story. "Seriously, I might just do that. Perhaps extra lessons or tutoring other students. Any ways we have to get going" Magolor said thinking.

"Ya let's head out!" Gimm said. As the three walked down the main street "Mornin',yuu, Magolor." Cater said waving at the three to the three students. "Hm. Your tie is crooked, you know. A disorderly uniform suggests a disorderly dorm. As prefect, you should set a better example for your dorm members. Even if you only have the one. ...There. All better." Riddle said, straightening yuu's tie. "What Magolor do you wear a tie?" Riddle said, looking at Magolor.

The belt he had around him was covering both his mouth and neck. "Oh ya I do." Magolor said, lifting up the belt which now was revealed to be a part of his cape from the way it moved. to show his tie. "I'm thinking of changing it to a bow." Magolor said. "So, where's Ace and Deuce?" Grimm asked.

"In accordance with rule 249, it's their turn to wear pink clothes and feed the flamingos. By the way, it seems there was another incident last night." Riddle explained. "Myah?! Really?!" Grimm said surprised. "According to a portrait who witnessed it, the victim was a sophomore from Scarabia House. His name is Jamil Viper. It appears the accident happened in the kitchen." Cater said.

"That's the dorm with red-and-gold armbands, right?" yuu said thinking. Magolor was still thinking about his tie. "It's breakfast time, so he may be in the cafeteria. Let's go see." Riddle ushered the other students to the cafeteria.

"Jamil has long, black hair. Let's see... Ah, there he is!" Cater said, pointing to the student. Magolor slapped his hand over Grimm's mouth, Magolor had the sense that Grimm was about to make an untactful remark. "Hello there I'm Magolor. I'm here to ask about what happened yesterday." Magolor said walking to then now having let go of Grimm.

"What is this? An inquisition?" Jamil asked on edge. "Oh, hey! That's the weasel who set my rear on fire at orientation!" a student that Magolor recognised said. "Forgive us for interrupting your breakfast. But we have a few questions." Riddle said. "Wow, the Heartslabyul housewarden and the fire-spitting weasel. Ahaha, what a fun combo!" the student beside Jamil said.

"I ain't a weasel! The name's Grim. And that's my minion, yuu." Grimm said, annoyed at the student. "Huh! Well, I'm Kalim, Scarabia's housewarden. And that's the vice housewarden, Jamil." Kalim said. "Oh wait your Magolor! The idea you had was brilliant!" Kalim said, looking at the other housewarden. "Well yes but I'm here to ask your vice warden something." Magolor said. Magolor turned to Jamil "So, why are you asking about my accident?" Jamil asked, slightly more relaxed but not fully. "We're here at the headmage's behest." yuu said.

"The headmage? Huh... Well, okay." Jamil said. "Last night, I was in the kitchen frying up some lamb rolls at Kalim's request." Jamil started. "Oh man, you guys have NO idea how amazing Jamil's lamb rolls are. You've gotta try 'em one day." Kailm interrupted. As Magolor cleared his throat "*eghem* I came here to hear Jamil's story Kailm." Magolor faked a happy voice, a very good one. "Ah, right. Sorry!" Kalim said.

"When I was chopping the ingredients, it was like my knife hand went wild and cut my other hand all on its own." Jamil finished. "It makes no sense! Even the dorm's head chef can attest to Jamil's legendary knife skills. Were you tired from Spelldrive practice, maybe?" Kalim tried to explain what the cause could be. "No. Not so tired I couldn't control my hands. But at one point while I was cooking, I did feel kind of light-headed." Jamil said. "That's concerning." Magolor said, worried.

"You got sleepy?" yuu questoned. "Most people would think that, but I know that sensation. I think I was feeling the effects of someone's signature spell." Jamil explained. Everyone was surprised at this. "Now that you mention that I had a suspicion that this was the work of magic." Magolor said, looking at Jamil. "Oh, right! Because your signature spell is—MMMPH!" Jamil put his hand over Kalim's mouth. "Pffft! Why'd you put your hand over my mouth?!" Kalim asked.

"Because we're not talking about me here. Anyway, my theory is that someone was controlling my movements with magic." Jamil said now on even more edge "Interesting... That WOULD be a way to hurt people and have it appear like it was nothing more than the victim's own carelessness." Cater explained. "And if it only lasted an instant, even the victim might perceive it as his own mistake. When I nearly fell down the stairs, I never felt as though I was being controlled against my will." Riddle said.

Thai made Magolor realize who was behind all of this, but did the others know? "Well, I guess this is kind of a lead? What's our next move, guys?" Cater asked. "A spell that can control someone... If I could learn how to cast that, I could really clean up on bakery day!" Grimm said. "Such small-mindedness... Truly, Grim? That's as far as your ambitions extend?" Riddle said, shaking his head.

"Man, imagine eating all the deluxe grilled cheese I wanted— Huh?" Grimm said, connecting the dots. "Speaking of deluxe grilled cheese..." yuu said. As everyone fingered it out. "Now you all understand, don't you?" Magolor said snickering. And after a flashback Grimm yelled. "WHOA! Why are we screaming?!" Kalim asked. "I, Grim, Expert Detective, have solved the case! I know who's got that signature spell!" Grimm said proudly. "What?" Riddle asked.

"The culprit is...one of us!" yuu said jokingly. "Myahahaha! So you've found me out, have you? That's right, the culprit was me all al— Nah, this ain't no time for messin' around. The culprit is Ruggie Bucchi, duh! You know, that guy from Savanaclaw?" Grimm said the following along with yuu's joke, but then told everyone what was up. "Let's track him down and see what he has to say." Riddle said, jumping on this opportunity.

Cater looking through his notes "Hmmm... Looks like Ruggie's in class 2B." Cater said finding Ruggie's class. "Thank you both for your cooperation!" Riddle thanked the two students as the party headed off to confront Ruggie "I'm still kinda lost here, but good luck!" Kalim said waving bye to the party.