6. Welcome To Jurassic World

Bye Uncle Masrani...

[Ben POV]

The smoke rises from the car engine

"Is everyone okay?" Darius asks, concerned.

"Is everyone-?" Yaz says angrily then chuckles darkly. She opens the car door and stalks out crossly.

"Yaz, wait! Wait! Yasmina!" Sammy calls out, also getting out of the van.

The rest of us also tumble out.

Bumpy groans loudly.

"We're not okay!" Yaz says to Sammy.

"Yaz-"

"We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur out there and you- you-"

"Destroyed our only way to help and lied about it!" Brooklyn yells, joining in. "I told you guys!"

"So you did take Brooklyn's phone? Why? What were you doing?" Kenji shouts at Sammy.

"Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those skin samples from the Sinoceratops! And you knew about the Indominus Rex because you were snooping around in Doctor Wu's office when I ran into you. I knew it!!"

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone. I fell on it when the zip line came down and-"

"But you did have it? You had it the whole time and didn't tell us?" I ask, feeling even more hopeless.

"Hold up. Why were you in Dr. Wu's office Brooklyn?" Darius asks her.

"I... it doesn't matter. I didn't break our only way to call for help and lie about it! This isn't my fault, this is her fault! She-"

"I'm here to spy!!" Sammy bursts out. "For a company called Manta Corp."

"Manta Corp? They're a bioengineering company. Big rivals of my uncle, Masrani," Y/N explains, stunned. "They tried to make dinosaurs too, but Wu beat them to it."

"You doomed us all for some lousy company?!" I yell loudly.

"Our ranch was in trouble, so we had to borrow money from some shady people. We didn't know they were fronting for Manta Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them. Use the behind the scenes access to gather info from Wu's lab, and DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed. But then Brooklyn caught on, and I got scared. And then everything went wrong. This is the last thing I wanted to happen."

"Oh" Yasmina scoffed. "To be next to a broken van on Killer Dino Island? Hey me too! What are the odds?!" Yasmina adapts a dark, sarcastic tone.

"Yaz I-"

"Was it all a lie, wanting to be friends?Pretending you cared about...
You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong." Yaz snaps

Sammy stays quiet as tears streams down her cheeks.

"I'm such an idiot." Yaz walks away.

"You are wrong! I just didn't know how to say it, how to explain it to you! Just because I spied, doesn't change who I am!" Sammy puts a hand on Yasmina's shoulder.

"Don't touch me! Go away Sammy!"

Sammy gasps, whimpers, cries, and runs away from Yaz.

"Look, I know the situation we're in is suboptimal-"

"It's trash. Just say it's trash Ben."

"Yes, but despite the obvious trashitude... we.. we need to-"

(rumbling)