39. Reunited (Pt. 1)

Mr. Kon

[Y/N POV]

"Kenji? Y/N? You're both alive?"

Uncle Kon drops the tablet and rushes to the both of us, engulfing us into a tight hug, in which I don't feel comfortable in, but it also feels good to have a 'father figure' that actually cares.

But then I see Kenji's stunned expression falter, and he shuts his eyes and hugs his father back.

I don't hug back, but my shoulders do relax a little bit.

Mr. Kon lets me go first, and hugs Kenji alone next.

I feel a small smile tug at the corners upon seeing Kenji so... happy? Content? Snug?

Now that just sounds weird.

"No way." Darius breathes.

"Kenji's father." Brooklyn mumbles.

"I never thought I'd see you two again." Uncle Kon beams to the two of us, and I smile broadly back.

Sammy walks over. "It is so nice to meet you, uh, Mr Kon, I'm guessing? I'd shake your hand, but, uh..." her eyes nervously flit to the BRAD-X army.

Uncle gestures for Kash to let them stand down.

"Are you kidding me?" Kash snarls.

Uncle gives him a look, and he taps the tablet, making the BRAD-Xs' eyes become white.

I back away a little, still a bit nervous of the robots.

"What- what are you doing here?" Kenji splutters.

"It's a long story." Uncle Kon says.

"I thought you worked with Uncle Masrani." I ask him. "You run Mantah Corp now?"

"Yes, Y/N. A lot has changed." his expression becomes tired. "I took over Mantah Corp when Jurassic World went down."

"So you're in charge of this island?" Caleb asks disbelievingly.

"You're behind the dino fights?" Brooklyn points out.

"You let him keep Darius and Y/N prisoner?!" Yaz asks, a bit loudly.

"You made these death robots?" Ben hollers a little.

"And were you aware that he tried to kill me?!" Mae cries, pointing at Kash

"You did what?" Uncle growls at Kash.

"I did what had to be done."

"You were supposed to get things up and running. Not commit murder. Apparently, I gave you too much freedom."

"'Too much freedom'?" Kash snarls angrily. "You mean that you were happy to sit back while I did all the hard work!

"You know what? Forget this. This is my island." he says, lifting up the tablet to turn on the BRAD-Xs. "Party time."

The BRAD-X army stomp forwards.

Pierce howls loudly and agitatedly. I try to soothe him, but he doesn't stop

The robots open their mouths to electrocute us.

"Take them out." Kash orders.

"Execute override nine-one-six." Uncle says calmly.

All the robots power down.

"You really didn't think I'd give you total control, did you?" he says.

Kash tries to make a run for it, hitting me on the way, and making me fall to the ground with a loud bang. Mae also falls over, and she clutches her wound.