24. Escape From Isla Nublar

Finally dead

[Ben POV]

I back away from the Scorpious Rexes, with Y/N beside me.

(roars)

(screeches)

"How is there two of them?!"

The two of them leap at each other in the center, with Y/N and I right below them. We scream and run away from the middle of the fight.

By the side, Y/N spots a black limo.
She grasps my hand and pulls me towards it. I stumble with her.

"Ah!"

"Come on!"

We open the door. Y/N attaches her seatbelt and I stare at her.

"Reflex," she smiles sheepishly

The Scorpious Rex's tail bangs against the limousine.

"Maybe you're on to something about that seatbelt!" I yell and click mine on.

The car rocks from side to side as the Scorpios bang against it repeatedly.

The limo tilts sideways and we dangle from the seatbelts.

"Whoa!"

(crash)

The Scorpios give a particularly strong bang and the vehicle rolls along the ground, knocking us back and forth in it. Finally, after what seemed like forever, the car leans against a tree, and we dangle from our seatbelts, panting hard.

Y/N looks forward. "Huh? Kenji forgot his hat." She grabs it and fixes it on her head.

She's so cute with the captain's hat. I can't help but smile at her.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and Y/N does the same. We fall down a short distance from the top of the car to the bottom.

I kick open the car door. "How are there two of that thing?"

"Well, Darius once told me about it. His theory is that since the dinosaurs have other animals' DNA in their genetics code, like tree frogs, some of which can reproduce asexually-"

"I meant that more as a rhetorical complaint, but thanks." I climb down the vines hanging shakily.

Y/N follows from close behind, coming down more sleekly than me, since she's experienced with tree-climbing. "The only thing more terrifying than one psychotic dinosaur, is two."

"They make more of themselves whenever they want. You're right. No dinosaur or kid crazy enough to stay on this island stands a chance if the Scorpioses keep replicating."

"So you'll go with us, if they're still in the island?" Y/N's eyes shine with hope and it pains me to let her down.

"N-no. I'm still staying. I was hoping to get rid of them."

She sighs. "But how?"

"They don't seem to get along. Maybe they'll take each other out?"

"That's a lot of hope piled up on a slim possibility." She walks to me. "We got to stop them once and for all."

"So how're we gonna do that? With explosives?"

"No. First we need to disable them somehow. Knock them out, maybe.
To do that, we gotta go back to the place where it all started."

I take a few steps closer to her. "We make quite a team huh? Island Boy and Rainforest Girl?"

She smiles. "It's us against the world."