32. The Long Game (Pt. 2)

"I'm getting out of here"

This part took place two hours after the "incident"...

[Y/N POV]

Ben stares at me with a small smile. "Hey, Y/N. I missed you."

I hug him tightly, and he wraps his arms around me lovingly.

"I can't believe you escaped. Kash was about to torture you and..."

When I pull away, I wipe a tear from Ben's eye and run a hand though his strawberry-blonde hair. "What matters now is that we're safe."

He leans his forehead against mine. "You're not... m-mad at me are you?"

"Why would I be?"

"For leaving you."

"Of course not, silly. I told you to do that. It was a relief that you did it without much arguing. That would've been much worse for the two of us."

Ben smiles with his face merely centimeters from mine.
"I love you Y/N..."

"I love you too. I can't believe I never told you that until you did first..."

Our lips get closer and closer and...

I jolt awake.

My head throbs painfully and I blink tiredly around the dark room.

Where's Ben?

Oh right... that was just a dream.

I sigh inaudibly.

And at this moment... I am imprisoned with Kash ready to torture me any day.

I have to get out of here.

But first... rest.

I lean my head and body against the cold metal walls. The empty tables gleam at me and I push some boxes and crates for my legs to lean on.

Sighing in some relief, I dig my hands into the crooks of my armpits, finding a bit of warmth in them.

Disgusting, I know. But relieving? Yeah.

The walls seem to be radiating some type of freezing air, and I shiver.

I need something like a jacket...

My hands tighten around the mint green sweater Ben had given me back when camp in Nublar hadn't even crashed yet. [If you don't remember this, go back to 'The Cattle Drive']

I didn't realize until now that I kept it on all the while, and I wrap it tighter around me.

My heart gives a pang of longing.

I wish...

No actually, I shouldn't start with that. The list is too long to count.

Eyes misty, a tear leaks from them.

I miss Kenji, Caleb, Darius, Brooklyn, Sammy and Yaz. I miss Mae and I miss being with them.

So

Much.

But most of all, I miss Ben. I miss his bright smile, his curious blue-green eyes, his arms that wrap so gently around me for warmth.

I can't believe that it's all over.

Am I really going to die?

Not if I can help it.

I start by stretching my limbs slowly and carefully, feeling a bit of pain every time the muscles contract.