𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

"Mattheo wait!" I called after him, my panicked voice echoing on the stone walls

"I need some time." He replied, not even turning to look at me.

I stopped at my tracks knowing that pushing him harder wouldn't make it any better. He needed space. We both did.

This was a huge step in our lives, which none of us asked to take. It was a tragedy.

I run to the common room and locked myself inside the dorm. I needed to cry, to mourn all the lost memories I could make with the only person I ever loved.

It was fate that brought us together.. Fate that torn us apart. Why?

Is this what it takes to be a goddess? Are we paying for the mistakes of our parents?

I don't understand.. I don't deserve this. Neither does he. Our past should have lead us to psychotic behaviour, to hurting others. But we saved them.. We saved the wizards, risking and damaging ourselves while doing so.

Why are we bound to suffer the absence of each other?

I sat on my bed, sobbing, punching my pillows. I had so much anger, I needed to let it out.

I fell back to my old habits, grabbing my small blade, then slowly making cuts on my skin. My thighs were full of faded scars. Some were made when my mother left, some when I missed her, some when I felt like a wreck.

The new ones relieved the pain. I punished myself for losing the only person I grew so close with. The only man I could love.

I couldn't do this. I couldn't let him go.

No.. I won't.

Fuck the wizarding world. My world will be torn apart without him.

I threw the knife on the wall, it stuck on it. I screamed, tore my own shirt, broke any object that could be broken.

Just to match my dead soul.

"I'm not doing this." I said to myself.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock on the window. While opening it, I realised that it was raining heavily.

My mom creeped inside my room, her clothes soaked.
"Hey."

"You. It's all your fault!" I shouted.

"Maybe. But you have to listen to me. There's no escape AnneMarie. It's either now, or we all die soon." She said.

"I don't give a shit! I'd rather die than live without him!" I cried out.

"I warned you! You chose to ignore me!" she yelled back at me.

"And I'd do it again." I spat.

"YOU GOT YOURSELF HURT. Because you're selfish and stubborn! If you had stayed away from him, this wouldn't be a problem. You hated him. What changed?!" She asked me, her voice still loud.