𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Today was one of the most important days for me annually

Today was one of the most important days for me annually. It's the day for the quidditch try outs, to which I am definitely signing for.

Quidditch has always been one of my talents. Back in Durmstrang, I used to be a top chaser in the team. I wouldn't let that go to waste here.

Oliver is Gryffindor's captain, so I guess he will favour me. Although, I'll prove him there is no need for that. I'll earn my place fair and square.

After the insufferable amount of 8 classes today, we headed to the training grounds to apply for the try outs. Even though I am beyond confident about my flying abilities, I can't help but feel nauseous before this challenge.

"Anna you will be just fine. I doubt that goes for your opponents as well.." Izzy told me, hoding my hand tightly.

"I heard you knocked out many players last year. Threw them off of their brooms, outsmarting them." Hermione said, squeezing my other hand.

"Well. I think I'll throw up." I say, feeling my stomach doing flips.

"It's going to be okay." Izzy reassures me.

"Want to sit down for a little?" Hermione suggests.

"NO, I don't want to be late. I'll be okay." I try to calm myself down as we reach the crowd of students waiting in lines to sign for the teams.

I spotted Oliver on the Gryffindor table talking to the applicants of our house. He seemed bored. I walked up to them, and stood at the end of the queue. Thankfully, just before me, were Harry and the Weasleys, eagerly chattering.

"Oh hey Anna!" Fred smiled kindly.

"Hey guys.." I answered, trying to cover my nervousness.

"You signing for the team after all?" Harry asked me, his eyes curious.

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world." I winked.

We talked for a short while and finally it was our turn to sign the papers.

"What took you so long, idiots?" Oliver sneered as we stood in front of him.

"I almost couldn't believe these students applying for the team. Most of them can't even stay on the broom longer than 2 seconds. I'd be having a team made of empty broomsticks!" He was freaking out, as we all gave him a smug smile in return.

We signed the papers and sat on a nearby bench, waiting for the hard part to begin.

I looked over to the other houses' booths, noticing Cedric discussing kindly with the students.. And then Mattheo sat on a chair, smoking a cigarette, lost in his own thoughts.

As he turned his head to catch me staring, his eyes widened. I don't think he expected me to apply for the team.

Before I could process a reaction the whistle blew.

"All students mount your brooms now. The tryout begins." Announced professor Hooch and I almost shit my pants.

It's time.

Mounting my broom, I hit the ground hard, lifting myself up with ease. I fly over to Oliver and the rest of the Gryffindors as he explains how this thing works.

Basically, it's a normal, friendly match, in which with time, most players change. More specifically, the weaker players are replaced by the bench ones. In the end, the stronger players are lest and they form the final team.

I got in the team during the 2nd change, along with Harry and Ron. We beat Slytherin's groups easily. Neville falls off his broom, causing him to be replaced by the second chaser who looks like a girl?

A girl that looks familiar.

A girl that grew up right next to me.

"Surprise!" Izzy yells, flying near me.

"Izzy? What the hell?" I shout back. What is she doing here?

"No time to explain angel." She rushed after the ball, and i hurry after her.

"Try not to get hurt again, please." I scream at her.

"Noted." she replied and passes me the ball.

We reach the final change, and the team is set. We made it. I made it.

"You did a wonderful job guys. Our team will be very competitive this year." Oliver says as we slowly reach the ground again.

Gryffindor Team:
Chasers:
AnneMarie Silver
Elize Miller

Beaters:
George Weasley
Fred Weasley

Keeper:
Oliver Wood
Ron Weasley(2nd)

Seeker:
Harry Potter

"We did it girlie!" Izzy jumps into my arms.

It feels like deja vu. We've been exactly like this before. And then she got hurt.

I almost lost her.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" I demand.

"I knew you would disagree. After what happened. But I have to move on. It was an accident." She replies, caressing my arm.

"I'd never discourage your dream. I just want you to be safe. I can't lose you again." I feel like I'll cry at this point. Even thinking about Izzy's accident makes me sick.

"I'll be fine baby. I promise. I wanted to be by your side." She kisses my cheek and walks to Theo, hugging him tightly.

"We fucking did it!" Ron and Harry run up to me, almost throwing me on the ground.

"We really did." I reply, hugging them tightly.

The Weasley twins give me a high five and go back to the common room with Oliver.

Mattheo approaches me, his eyes examining me in the quidditch gear. Ron and Harry leave immediately, making up a stupid excuse, leaving me alone with the devil.

"Congrats. I didn't think you would make it." He says, smirking.

"You know me so well." I reply, sarcasm leaking from my tongue.

"Not yet darling. Although it was easy getting you to open up to me last night." He winked and I gave him a look of disgust.

"I hope you're that willing to do so again soon. A bit differently though." He teased.

"I'll pass." I start getting close to his face, cupping but with both my hands, just like he did the other night.

"I don't need you, Riddle. I'm fine on my own. I ain't a frightened bitch like yourself." I speak seductively yet harshly to him.

He open his mouth, but before he spoke a lightning shot nearby. I flinched, instinctively freezing to my spot, my hands away from him now.

"You know I was really turned on, til you almost peed yourself with that lightning." He mocked me.

I didn't answer. I couldn't think about anything else than what's coming closer every day.

I might make fun of Mattheo for fearing his dad, but Im just as afraid of my own mother. The only difference is, she didn't abuse me.

She left me. And said she'd come back soon.

When I was little, I was waiting for this moment to come, impatient to see my beloved mother again.

Well, that feeling is long gone.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✨˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*