𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

After constantly choosing the wrong piece of magical stairs, I finally reached the library

I walked inside the building and took a minute to catch my breath. This place always fascinated me. So many shelves with countless books, of any kind anyone can imagine.

As much as I wanted to sit on a bean bag chair and enjoy some enemies to lovers romance book, I kept reminding myself that I was here to look for the Petrifying spell, with Mattheo.

My eyes scanned the room for him, and easily spotted his tall figure, leaning on a high shelve, looking for a book.

I silently walked over to him, trying not to be noticed. He finally reached for the book and examined it with his dark eyes carefully, before turning to a random page.

He smirked, as he trailed the spine of the book with his index finger, caressing the paper in a way my inner thighs got jealous.

I gulped audibly, causing him to turn around, revealing his devilish grin.

"Cat got your tongue, sweetheart?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Um.. We should probably start searching.." I muttered, my eyes still fixed on his veiny hand.

"Mhm.." He agreed, as he shut the book and motioned me to sit on the table.

"See, I already found something that looks helpful." He said as he placed the book in front of me.

The cover was old and dusty, and the title was almost faded.

Ancient Charms and Curses

"Curses? You really think this is a curse?" I wondered.

"it's the only explanation I can think of." He replied, sitting next to me.

He flipped through the pages and then pointed at a certain part, with his finger.

"Of the many fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents. This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad. Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it.

Looking a Basilisk directly in the eye caused instant death, but an indirect look would merely render the victim Petrified."

"Does that sound familiar?" He asked, looking at my speechless expression.

"I've heard of the Basilisk. How on earth did Voldemort manage to sneak it in the castle? It's supposed to me enormous." I replied.

"Well, that is a good question. The monster should be well hidden then. Somewhere sealed, a secret passageway maybe."

"Do you think professors know?" I asked.

"No, not about the snake. But they sure do about it's lair." He said, looking for a cigarette.

"We should get a map, find the hidden places and examine which is the right one." I said, snapping his hand, before he could smoke in the library.

"You're a genius. I really needed to smoke right now." He winked as he stood up, taking my arm in his.

"You're an addict." I said as we walked to the yard.

"Maybe. But I had to be imperfect in some way." He smirked, placing the cigarette on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, and noticed Elize and Theo making out at the nearest corner.

"Woooo won't you look at that!" Mattheo spoke excitedly, grinning like a child.

"Shut up!" I pulled him away from the couple, hoping Mattheo's childish behaviour didn't interrupt them.

"I really shouldn't have seen that." I breathed out, once we were finally far enough.

"Is someone jealous of their best friend's fun? Because damn, that's toxic." He smirked.

"I'm not jealous, I love Izzy. And for the record, you're the one attracted to toxic things." I nodded towards the cigarette between his fingers.

"Well, I wouldn't describe you as a thing but if you say so." He replied, as he inhaled the smoke.

That caught me off guard.

"Should we look for the map or..?" I replied, trying to hide my flushed face.

"Or..?" He leaned closer.

He threw me the dirtiest look, and I felt my knees going weak.

"Nope, the map works great." I replied, and walked away.

I grabbed Izzy, who was still making out with Theo by the way, and pulled her to Dumbledores office.

"What the hell, AnneMarie?!" She exclaimed.

"Sorry, I really needed to get away from Mattheo." I explained.

"Did the bastard hurt you?" Her expression hardened.

"No.. But if I stayed there a little longer, I'd probably spread my legs and beg for him to fuck me-"

"Wait what?! You wanna fuck Riddle?" She said, loud enough for a whole bunch of students to hear, and turn to look at us suspiciously.

"Shhhh!! No, I don't.. I must not.." I cried out.

"Darling.. You haven't felt like this for anyone before. Why let it go?" She whispered.

"Because I'm supposed to be his co-fighter, not his fuck buddy." I replied.

"Why not both?" She winked.

"Izzy!" I smacked her shoulder.

"Okay fine. But I doubt he wants you to be just his fuck buddy. He really seems to like you." She said, placing a ginger strand of hair behind her ear.

"Riddle doesn't do feelings. He only wants to fuck." I replied.

"Have you seen him with another girl ever since he kissed you?" She asked, raising her brows.

"No.. But that doesn't mean that-" She interrupted me.

"What that means, is that he cares about you. He wants you, but he waits til you're ready." She caressed my arm.

"You think?"

"Of course I do, you fool! I mean, look at you. Who would even resist?." She smiled and I did so too.

I hugged Elize tightly, thanking her for reassuring my insecure ass once more. I doubt she will ever stop.

"We got a clue. We need a school's map to find any hidden passageways." I told her.

"Okay.. Can we trust Dumbledore?" She asked.

"I think so.. He surely knows this place better than anyone." I replied.

"Troublemaker Albus." She chuckled.

"Come on, let's talk to him." I said, pushing the office's doors open.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✨˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

—————————
Author's Note:

Hello angels!

I hope you're all doing well.

I needed to give a small disclaimer. The next chapter's events won't match the original ones.

Trust me, I've read the books, I'm aware my storyline won't be "right" but it will make sense, I promise!

Love you. xoxo🫶🏻