𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

📍Gryffindor common room🦁

I couldn't sleep that night. Each time I closed my eyes, I was reminded that we were in terrible danger from now on. Something bad could occur at any moment.

Horrible images filled with fights and blood consumed my tired mind, forcing me to stay awake.

I listened to Izzy's soft snoring, while she was sleeping on the nearest bed. She looked so peaceful... Contrary to the monstrous version of her, we will soon be forced to experience.

We will all give in to our animalistic instincts, in order to survive the war. Who knows if we will ever be able to recover.

I left the dorm, walking to the common room, sitting on a comfy couch near the fireplace.

"Can't sleep?" Harry's soft voice surprised me. Apparently, he had the same problem.

"Harry! You scared me." I looked at him offensively, to which he just shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm not sure I'll get any sleep til this whole situation is over." I explained, resting my head in my hand.

"Me neither. I've been having some nightmares lately. I mean, I always did, but these past few days they're getting out of hand." He said, sitting next to me.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, watching him getting comfortable on the couch.

"I can't put it into words. It's like each night I have a different vision of him. Him hurting people." He whispered.

"Hurting people? That's what he always does." I commented, watching Harry's terrified expression.

"This feels different. I feel responsible for this pain he causes to others." He replied.

"Harry, that's bullshit. You are not responsible for his actions." I patted his shoulder, reassuringly.

"But I am. We all are. Everything he does, every person he tortures or kills in these dreams.. It's to get closer to us."

I flinch as he speaks, this feeling of responsibility towards all these people's suffering hits my heart.

Hermione enters the common room quietly, sitting on a red, fluffy bean bag chair.

"Guys.. I know this is none of my business, but you need some sleep. Dangerous days are ahead of us. You should rest and clear your head.." She said, looking at us with a sympathetic smile.

"She's right. Go get some sleep." I told Harry.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I'll do the same.." I replied, smiling weakly.

We walked to our dorms, and I was laid on the bed once again, facing the cracked ceiling. All this time I've been awake, I could almost count all the cracks and spiders on it.