𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Great

Great.

This sounds like a terrible joke.

"We're just three kids. We don't stand a chance against the dark lord!" I snapped, thinking of our tragic future.

"Three kids that haven't realised their capabilities yet." My mom corrected, caressing my cheek.

"You all have huge potential for becoming the greatest wizards the world has ever known. Though, there are some boundaries that you better not cross." She says calmly, her eyes looking both of me and Mattheo.

"Could you explain that?" He speaks.

"Two saviours can't fall in love. They won't think clearly and objectively. You will protect each other, but you might also have to sacrifice each other for the cause. Love will hold you back." She explained, her green eyes piercing mine.

"Oh please. I would never fall in love with her." Mattheo replied, rolling his eyes.

Ouch?

"Don't worry mother. If he needs to be sacrificed, I won't hesitate to do it myself." I spat out, glaring at him.

"Ouch?"

"I've been in your shoes kids. You can't fool me. You're just fooling yourselves." She smiled.

"But now I have to go, my job is done here. The rest is up to you." She hugged me tightly as she spoke.

"Let me know if you need me. No matter the day, nor the time. I shall be there always from now on." Her words were touching and her hold on me was strong and protective.

"I will." I reassured, my eyes stinging with the same pain her absence always caused.

"Take my advice, go party tonight. The war is about to start." She shouted as she walked away, getting lost in a lightning, and then disappeared in the night sky.

My empty, watery eyes find Mattheo's skeptical ones.

"Come on." Is all he says, grabbing my hand, pulling me back in the castle.

📍Gryffindor Common Room🦁

"WHAT? Artemis returned?" Izzy screamed, hopping on my bed.

"Don't shout. Yes, she did. Apparently we're all in terrible danger." I replied, sitting next to her.

"Care to explain?" She cocked her brow.

[...]

"Izzy? You good?" After I told her the whole story, she was left staring at the wall, mouth hanging open.

"Izzy!" I nudged her shoulder.

She snapped away from her thoughts and looked at me blankly.

"You will die?" She asked me, her voice cracking.

"No, honey, I'll try not to-" She interrupted my speech, by throwing herself into my arms, holding me down.

"No no no no.. You can't.. She can't. She can't take you away from me!" She cried out.

"You promised. You promised me you wouldn't leave me. When I found you laying on my bathroom floor, remember? That knife pressed against your wrist.. You said you wouldn't go! Not without me.." She was holding me tightly, her eyes full of tears.

I couldn't speak, my heart was dropping with every word.

"All these years, I've been picking up the pieces your mother broke you into. And when you're finally alright and happy, she returns, only to crush you again. I can't let this happen, you know.." Izzy was sobbing on my shoulder, I as well crying along with her.

"I have to protect you Izzy.. Just like you did with me all along." I replied, staring in her beautiful glossy eyes.

"I can't let you go angel. I can't live without you near me. You can't separate a soul from it'a body.." Her words were painful, piercing through my heart like knives.

"I can't but Izzy-" She interrupted me again.

"Save the stupid world if you must. But when your heart stops beating, so does mine. And I'll be glad it did. The end of me, is my rebirth if it's with you, AnneMarie. I'll always run into your arms. Whether the place is Hogwarts or Heaven. I'll always find you, sister." She stood up from the bed, and rushed out of the dorm, leaving me alone.

Knowing that I hurt the person I love most, was unbearable.

"May I come in?" A small voice asked, knocking on the door.

"I guess.." I replied, while wiping my dripping tears with a tissue.

"Hey.." Harry walked in the room, smiling lightly.

"I overheard your conversation with Elize.. I knew about the war but I didn't know about you and Mattheo.." He said, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah.. You ain't alone, Potter." I said, ruffling his hair.

"You know, our task is going to be very difficult, but it was bound to happen.. We were chosen for a reason I suppose.." He said, his blue eyes looking in mine.

"Once we get this over with, we will visit your loving uncle. And throw a huge wizard party in his house. How does that sound?" I suggested, smiling.

"Sounds like a plan. But you will also dance with me as well!" He said excitedly, making me laugh.

"If I survive.." I reminded him.

"You better do missy. I can't ruin a house on my own." He spoke as he walked out of my room.

As I went to lock the door the door, Enzo showed up, looking at me sympathetically.

"Hey.." He greeted, his cheeks red.

"Hi Enzo. What's up?" I motioned him to get in the dorm.

"Mattheo told us about the war. I thought he didn't really helped with it." He said, sitting across from me on the bed.

"Yeah.. I have Izzy to support me." I replied, smiling weakly.

"Weird enough. I'm sure she was in Theo's room last time I checked." He said, tapping his chin.

"We got in a fight, that's all. She thinks she will lose me." I explained.

"Will she?" Enzo asked.

"I don't know. Probably. I've no idea what we're up against." I replied, looking in his warm brown eyes.

"Look. I know what you're up against. But I also know you. You're a damn goddess, Silver. A real miracle. He can't possibly be stronger than you. You just haven't unlocked your full strength." He said, as he caressed my hair.

"You think?" I smirked, leaning to his touch.

"Oh I'm sure, darling. If I were him, I wouldn't hurt you to be honest. I'd fall for you instead." He stared at my lips, his finger tracing my jaw.

Why do I want to kiss him so bad?

"Really?" Was all that I managed to reply, as if I was being hypnotised.

"Mhm.. It's impossible not to.." He spoke.

I could feel his hot breath against my lips, our faces only centimetres apart.

"Don't you dare kiss that bastard."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✨˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*