𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

Mattheo held my hand tightly as we run through the crowd

Mattheo held my hand tightly as we run through the crowd. Terrified students were evacuating the room, quickly getting away from the broken windows.

We were the ones running towards them.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked him as we kept going and he nodded.

"It's now or never." He replied, with a soft squeeze on my hand.

We finally reached the shattered window, and saw Tom Riddle standing proudly in front of us.

"Hello children. I wasn't expecting you so soon." He spoke in his cold voice.

"What did you expect? It's not like you gave us much of a choice." I spat.

He glared at me, chuckling softly.

He looked so much like Mattheo when he smiled.

"I was wondering when Mattheo would get rid of your sassy ass." He said, walking closer to me.

"I guess you misjudged that too." I smirked, as he traced my collarbones with his long fingers.

"Shhh.. You're only making it worse, angel. How am I going to slaughter such a beautiful face?" He whispered, as his grip tightened around my throat now.

I gulped, as I felt the oxygen lessening from my lungs.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her." Mattheo growled, grabbing his father's collar.

"I told you she would get you both destroyed in the end." Tom hissed, fighting back his son.

I was on the floor once again, trying to catch my breath. I coughed a few times and turned to the dark lord.

"What do you want?" I asked him genuinely.

"What do I want?" He shouted, walking towards me again. He hoovered over me, and started yelling.
"I want this school burned to the core. I want the professors dead. I WANT EVERYONE WHO LEAD ME TO THIS MADNESS TORTURED, AND THEN MURDERED. No one will ever deny me again, you hear me? NO ONE. Everyone will bow to my feet. Beg for my mercy. But you?" He pointed at me now.

"You shall never have that. I will destroy you myself, and make my pathetic son watch me, as I tear your flesh." His eyes were glowing, his maniacal behaviour and threats having scared me to the extent of crying.

I extended my arm, my palm outstretched to Tom Riddle's face, trying to summon my powers and defend myself somehow.

Suddenly, I heard Dumbledore's voice echo heavily through the room.

"Leave the girl alone Tom." He warned his old student.

"Old man. Long time no see." He replied.

"Indeed. Now leave her alone. This battle is only fair that way." Albus said with a smile.