𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

The next day went by quickly

The next day went by quickly. Nothing of importance happened, except for the fact that I burned my hand in Potions class.

I was paired up with Seamus Finnigan, a buffoon and classmate of mine.

He was using his wand to "stir" the potion, when he got distracted by a random toad, walking on our table, causing him to lose control of the wand, point it directly at my arm and shoot fire at it!

I was chopping the ingredients calmly, when I felt pain straining my whole body, as if I was caught on fire.

Which was what actually happened, but anyway.

Professor Snape rushed to me, pulled me outside of the class, by my non-burned arm, and took me to the hospital wing.

As I was laying on the bed, a nurse came and started applying some lotions on my burned skin, making me feel even worse.

After quite some time, she used a spell, and healed me almost completely.

She said I needed to remain there for a few hours, to make sure the burn was gone for good.

Hermione and Izzy stormed in the room, sitting near me, eagerly waiting for me to tell them how I felt. They both looked terrified.

"I'm okay girlies, chill. I'm fine now." I tell them.

"You didn't look that well back there." Hermione said, inspecting my arm.

"I mean, my arm was put on fire, what was I supposed to do?" I defended myself.

"That idiot Finnigan. Mattheo was right to punch him." Elise commented, having me now intrigued.

"He did what?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, right after you and Snape left, he grabbed Seamus by his collar and punched his nose, making him bleed." Hermione explained.

"He said something like: hurt her again, and a bloody nose won't be the only thing you get." Izzy said, her eyes glowing.

"Now that's suspicious." Hermione commented, raising her brow.

"Is there something you have to tell us?" Izzy asked.

"Absolutely not. I'd never like this guy. I won't lie, he is very attractive and all but.. He puts me on edge all the time, he is a cold hearted-cruel-bitch. I hate him." I say, trying to convince them and myself that i'm telling the truth.

That's when I notice him walk in the hospital wing as well.

His curls messily falling on his face, his eyes dark and scary.

"You may keep lying to your friends. But to yourself as well? That's a shame." His voice echoed in my head, as his eyes were looking in my soul from afar.

"Whatever." Izzy said and left along with Hermione.

"Mr Riddle, you're not allowed in here. Visiting hour is over." A nurse told Mattheo, pushing him to leave as well.

"Ah, but Im injured, my lady." He said, acting in pain.

"Where?" she asked, cocking her brow in disbelief.

He pulled a knife out of his robes and quickly made a cut on his arm, causing both me and the nurse to gasp.

"Now let me stay with her." He said and walked to the bed next to me, laying confidently, while his arm bled on the white sheets.

"Are you crazy?!" I asked, instantly getting up to see the wound. It was deep.

"A little. But I wanted to see you." He said, looking into my eyes.

"What..? Why?" I asked, my heart skipping beats under his gaze.

"That scream you made.. Don't get me wrong it was melodic, but it scared me. I thought that bastard got you for good." He said.

"Well, he did." I said, showing him my arm, which was now scarred.
"But i'm fine now. I doubt that applies to him as well."

He snorted.
"Oh come on, that punch was the least he could get."

"No, you could have just ignored it." I said, smirking.

"I could." He looked up at me, his featured softened, as if he would kiss me or something.

Shit.

"Well um.." I tried to avoid eye contact, or else I'd fold. Officially.

"Well, you're meeting me behind the castle tonight. We're going to the forbidden forest." He announced.

"What? Isn't it forbidden for a reason?" I asked, startled.

"Rules never stopped me." He winked at me.

"Why are we going either way?"

"Because I feel like there's something you want to get off your chest. I'll be the one to pass it to." He replied, his voice gentle.

"Don't you have enough drama to deal with?" I teased.

"Trauma is never enough for me." He laughed.

"How's that cut by the way?" I asked, talking about trauma reminded me of his stupid action.

"Oh that? It's nothing serious. Nurses know it's my tactic, that's why she didn't bother coming to fix me. I can do it myself when I want to." He smiled, got a hold of his wand and casted a quick spell, healing his arm completely.

*timeskip*

I didn't expect myself to fall for Mattheo's words that easily and follow him to the woods, just to talk. The forest was dangerous, we could easily get in serious trouble.

As a wise man said, Yolo.

I got dressed, green cargo pants and a gray hoodie, my hair down, straight caramel brown strands falling down my chest. I did a light makeup, just to hide my tiredness and lack of sleep, and I ran out the dorm, hoping the girls wouldn't notice me.

I made it down the corridors, unnoticed and super proud of myself. I searched for the secret passageway George and Fred talked to me about, and as I crawled through the small wooden door, out of the castle, I noticed Mattheo standing there, staring at the woods.

"You are late." Is all he said, before grabbing my arm and pulling me into the forest.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✨˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*