𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

We all gathered in the Great Hall for breakfast, 6th and 7th year students all looking hungover

We all gathered in the Great Hall for breakfast, 6th and 7th year students all looking hungover. There was no way professors didn't notice, but I guess they just ignored it. It was the first party of the year after all.

I sat at the Gryffindor table beside Harry, who had his head resting on the wooden surface.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Mhm." He responded, not even looking up.

"Want some coffee AnneMarie? I see last night's party ruined you all." Hermione offered me a cup of coffee and a pill.

"I needed this right now, thank you." I took a sip and swallowed the painkiller.

"Have you seen Elise?" I asked her, while filling my plate with food.

"She didn't stay in the common room last night either." Hermione said, drinking some orange juice.

"Oh." I didn't ask anything else, to avoid questions about where I stayed the night.

The last thing I wanted was for them to think I'm a traitor.

"Harry get up, we have to get to class." Ron nudged him.

He stood up, his eyes puffed, dark circles underneath. His face was paler than usual and his lips swollen.

"Don't ever let me drink again.." He muttered, walking behind Ron.

Hermione and I laughed at the sight, neither of us expecting Harry to be a party animal.

"You worried for Izzy?" She asked me.

"No. She can take care of herself." I replied, biting my sandwich.

"If you find her, give her one of these." She said and offered me a whole box of painkillers, which I put in my pocket. That girl is a lifesaver.

As we exited the Hall, getting in line for the first class of the day, I spotted Izzy walking towards me. Her neck covered in marks, her hair messed up.

"You've got to be kidding me.." I cursed under my breath as I walked to her quickly.

"I was looking for you.." Elise said, her voice betraying her still drunk state.

"I'm sure you were, darling. Now follow me, will ya?" I brought her to the bathroom and forced her to sit on a counter.

I used makeup to cover the hickies and my brush to fix her hair. She looked like a student again.

"Okay, now take these." I gave her two pills and a bottle of water to help her swallow.

"What would I do without you.." She cried out.

"Don't you dare cry, bitch, I just did your makeup." I said and pulled her out of the bathroom, to class.

🧪Potions: