𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Walking down the stairs felt like an eternity

Walking down the stairs felt like an eternity. Mattheo and I were leading the group, holding our wands tight, them being our only source of light.

Each step I took, the more I felt like I was losing my mind.

Harry looked like he was having a hard time as well, his scar itching occasionally. He was cursing under his breath, angrily rubbing his forehead.

Izzy held Harry in one arm and Theo in the other. Enzo was comfortably following, humming quietly, probably unaware of the danger ahead.

As we walked, my hand was brushing against Mattheo's. I wanted to hold on him so badly, but I did nothing.

I couldn't risk getting rejected or humiliated before such a fight. My emotions needed to be hidden, and my thoughts clear.

We were now  facing a huge corridor. Marble blocks surrounded by water channels. The walls were covered with statues, some of which I recognised.

Greek Gods.

Zeus.

Poseidon.

My mother.

And me?

"You were really meant to be here, Miss Silver." A harsh voice echoed on the walls.

My blood froze.

It was him.

"A beauty of a goddess sent here to die."

I felt Riddle's hand slipping in mine. His face hardened. I could feel it as he tightened his grip, 
that he was so tense, he might explode.

"You won't dare." He spoke.

The voice laughed at the boy's comment.

"Son.." The man appeared from the depths of the dark hall, walking slowly towards us.

He was young, brown haired, his blue eyes piercing through our souls. I heard Harry's breath hitching behind me.

"Long time no see." Tom Riddle spoke directly to Mattheo, who looked like he had seen a ghost.

His father was his ghost.

I held on his hand even tighter, trying to reassure him.

It's okay. He can't hurt you.

"Can't I?"

Another voice replied, inside my head.

I looked at Mattheo in confusion, but he just nodded towards his father in response.

So he could read minds as well.

Father's inheritance.

"You could try. But you're outnumbered. It would be unfair." I replied, staring at him harshly.