𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Mattheo stood in front of me, holding the blade in his hands, examining it carefully

Mattheo stood in front of me, holding the blade in his hands, examining it carefully. His gaze never left the ground, his eyes were still red, filled with tears.

I knew those tears weren't only for me. They were for him. His father was his traumatic past. The past he was so desperately trying to escape from. And he always managed to find him.

He'd been haunting him since he was a little kid. Abusing him, murdering his mother and a bunch of innocent people. It was his time to leave his ghost behind. And the only way was to kill it.

By killing me?

Mattheo's eyes met mine, our gazes locking together.

I don't want to die..

"I'd never leave you alone."

He stood above my chest, clutching onto the shard blade, ready to pierce my heart with it. My heart was already his to take..

But then it hit me. He was going to kill me and then kill himself too. No. No.

NO!

"NO!" I screamed.

I love you Mattheo.

With a quick move,  I stole the knife from his hands and slashed my own stomach.

"NOOO!!! Silver?! Are you insane?!" Mattheo shouted, as he kneeled next to me, pressing his hands against my wound.

"I wasn't going to let you die on me.. I.." I tried to speak but my voice wouldn't come out.

"You promised.." He cried out, his hands shaking, covered in my blood, his eyes filled with tears.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me.. Why..?" His voice was breaking, breaking me as well.

The pain I felt because of the knife was nothing compared to this. I couldn't watch him break in front of me. It's all my fault.

"Please.. Say.. Say it.." I begged, as I coughed up my own blood.

"I love you angel. I do.. I can't do this without you please.. Don't leave me.." He cried as he caressed my cheek with his bloody hands.

As I heard him say he loves me my heart dropped. I could finally let myself die in peace.

My eyes slowly closed, as my body started falling back, lifeless.

"NOOOO!!" He screamed, his pain obvious.

And at that point I was sure, that even if I missed my heart with that blade, it was now completely torn.