𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 56: 𝒥𝒾𝓌ℴℴ'𝓈 𝓈𝓅𝒶𝓇

A day after, Jiwoo's match with Duke had come. The three awakened animals decided to wake up earlier than the sun rose. Luckily, their body cooperated. They were all able to wake up early in the morning.

The three of them slowly got out of bed and opened the door, trying not to wake Jiwoo from his sleep. When they arrived at the place, the three of them sighed in relief upon seeing the door wasn't locked.

"Hmm... We're hours earlier than the fight.", Kartein said while looking around.

They all noticed that the place looked tidy. The breaks in the parts of walls and floor were gone as if the arena was prepared for the new battle.

"Let's stay here.", Kayden said as he stood up on the corner, in between the big posts in the arena, a perfect spot for them to hide and sleep peacefully.

Aiza and Kartein exchanged glances before they both nodded in agreement. The three animals then slept soundly as they were patiently waiting for the others to arrive.

Hours later, Kartein woke up when he heard the voice of a person shouting. When he opened his eyes, he then saw Jiwoo getting inside the arena with Muse following behind him.

"He's here!", Kartein said, causing the two to wake up. Aiza and Kayden stood up and stretched their arms.

"As I thought, the answer was to arrive early and take a nap here."

The three of them sat comfortably and focused their attention on Jiwoo. The sparring match started right away. Jiwoo and Duke stood up in the center of the arena and exchanged some words before the two fought.

"Are you also angry because of my betrayal?", Duke said and smirked but Jiwoo just looked at him with no emotion.

"Let's just fight. I don't really want to talk to you."

Kartein and Aiza chuckled at Jiwoo's response.

"You hear that? The way he subtly makes his opponent angry before the fight resembles you.", Kartein said to Kayden, making him feel awkward.

Duke gritted his teeth before he lashed out an attack on Jiwoo. Luckily, Jiwoo was quick enough to dodge it, causing his power to land on the wall and create cracks in it.

"Come at me. Jiwoo Seo."

Jiwoo then dashed forward and threw punches at Duke but Duke quickly dodged it all. Jiwoo looked at his side and noticed Duke was about to stab him with his power so he quickly moved backwards to dodge his attack.

Duke's power started spreading around the arena. Muse quickly moved towards the other student and used his power to block Duke's attack. The three animals swiftly dodged the attack that landed on their spot. Aiza furrowed her brows as she looked at the cracked walls Duke created.

"That punk Duke is planning to kill Jiwoo...", she said seriously. The two cats' eyes also darkened.

Once again, Jiwoo threw Duke a punch but the latter blocked his hand with his power. Jiwoo leaped backward and widened their distance.

"If you're looking for a speed that'll work on me, you'll have to give me your best.", Duke said.

Jiwoo panted as he stared at his opponent, thinking of what he just said to him. He then stood straight and prepared his usual fighting stance before he used his superspeed skill to launch at him faster.

When he was about to push through Duke's power, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his stomach, causing him to stop. Duke's power then hit him, throwing him aback.

The three animals widened their eyes as they watched Jiwoo stumble on the floor, feeling weak and helpless.

"What happened? Why is he suddenly taken aback?", Aiza said in confusion and worry.