𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 14: 𝒯ℴ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒶𝒸𝒶𝒹ℯ𝓂𝓎

Kayden couldn't sleep a wink, feeling anxious about what Aiza is going to do with him when he fell asleep. On the other hand, Kartein couldn't fall asleep because of Kayden moving around and Aiza's loud snore.

"What are you doing?", Kartein whispered to Kayden, who was walking over to Aiza side by side.

"I'm trying to check if she really is sleeping or not.", Kayden said while looking at Aiza suspiciously.

"Can't you tell she's sleeping?! She even snores!", Kartein said.

He's trying to keep his voice low even when he's going to shout to prevent Aiza from waking up.

"Hmm", Kayden looked at Aiza again.

"Grrr!", Aiza reached her arm towards Kayden, which made Kayden flinched out of surprise.

"Nyam. Nyam.", Aiza then withdraw her arm and turned to the side to snore again.

"The heck! That almost gave me a heart attack!", Kayden said while holding his heart.

Kartein shook his head and fell asleep. When Kayden saw Kartein sleeping, he then went toward him and slept.

When morning came, Kartein healed Jiwoo in the basement with his cat form. After the treatment, both Jiwoo and Kartein went upstairs.

"Are you done?", Kayden asked.

Kartein looked to the left side where he heard Kayden's voice. He was surprised when he saw Kayden punching in the air using the cat's body.

'What is that guy doing?', Kartein looks at Kayden confusedly.

He flinched upon realizing what Kayden is doing.

"Kayden, are you... working on your punches as a cat?", Kartein asked.

"Yeah.", Kayden replied.

Kartein's eyes started to widen and felt an interest in what Kayden is doing.

"It's actually fun to figure out a way to fight efficiently as a cat. Although it's hard not being in a human body, I can master combat skills and ways of using force control too.", Kayden said confidently.

'He's wild about fighting! Even so, who would've thought of combat training as a cat?!', Kartein thought while looking at Kayden, who was punching hard and fast in the air.

"Hahaha"

Both Jiwoo and Kartein looked upstairs when they heard Aiza giggling. They then saw the kittens dancing in front of Aiza.

"What is she doing?", Jiwoo asked while looking at Aiza who was giggling.

"I think she's practicing to use mind control with that body.", Kartein replied.

"Oh!", Jiwoo exclaimed upon realizing what Aiza did.

'That girl is the weirdest! She could control the cats' minds in different ways but why does she have to make the cats dance like that.', Kartein thought as he looked at Aiza like she was the weirdest girl he had ever met.

He then saw the three kittens twerking and the gray cat doing a moonwalk. Kartein let out a big sigh and shook his head. He couldn't stand Aiza's idiocy.

'I guess what they did is just like me working on my healing ability as a cat.', Kartein thought.

He then looked back to Kayden and observed his movements.

'What Kayden did is more interesting than Aiza's. By the way, that attacking style is specifically adapted to a cat's body and joints.'

"Hmm...", Kartein raised his paw and stared at it.

He then punched into the air, copying what Kayden did.

"We're leaving soon, but are you ready to go?", Kayden asked.

"Yes.", Jiwoo replied.

Aiza stopped controlling the cats and looked at Kayden.

"Go where?", she asked.

"To Korea's Awakened Academy.", Jiwoo replied.

"Oh!"

"Are you coming with us, Ms. Aiza?", Jiwoo asked.

"Can I?", Aiza asked reluctantly.

"Of course!", Jiwoo replied with a smile.

"Are you going to stay with that form? Your body will be too big to fit in the car.", Kartein asked.

"Hmm.", Aiza thought for a while and watched her paws.

She then transformed herself back into a mouse.

"I'll stay this way then. I'll pretend to be another animal that Jiwoo communed with. Though I like being a tiger, having a lighter body feels much better.", she replied.

"Okay. If you say so.", Kartein nodded and continued to punch in the air.

"I bet it will be loud on the way.", Kayden said.

"Oh! Everyone else already left for the academy ten days ago. They gave me more time so I could receive treatment.", Jiwoo said.

Jiwoo looked out the window and was surprised to see Inhyuk's car parked outside.

"Huh? It's time to go."

Jiwoo get his bags and waved goodbye to the cats. Aiza, Kayden, and Kartein followed him out of the house.

"Have you been waiting? You should've called me when you got here.", Jiwoo said.

"I've just arrived.", Inhyuk said.

He then looked at Kayden, Kartein, and Aiza.

"So they are the cats you are bringing along... plus a mouse?", Inhyuk said, looking confused to see the mouse.

Aiza flinched upon hearing Inhyuk.

"Ah. Yes.", Jiwoo replied

"Where did you find this mouse? Fortunately, it wasn't attacked by your other cats.", Inhyuk said.

'The cats attacked me when we first met with this form though.', Aiza thought while recalling what the cats did.

She gritted her teeth upon recalling what Kayden did to her at that time. She then glared at Kayden while Kayden looked away.

"They brought it to me.", Jiwoo said while pointing to the cats.

Both Kayden and Kartein flinched and glared at Jiwoo.

'Can't this guy lie?!', both of them thought.

"Your cats? Aww. You really did commune them. The fact that they even saved a mouse. They really had your kindness, Jiwoo.", Inhyuk said while looking at the cats with admiration.

Inhyuk then stared at Kartein, feeling pity as he looked at him.

'Why is he looking at me like that? Did he notice?', Kartein thought while starting to feel anxious.

"Jiwoo, don't worry."

"Pardon?"

"Leave their nutrition to me. I'll plan a thorough and balanced diet for them from breakfast to dinner, even snacks.", Inhyuk said while pointing at Kartein.

Kartein frowned upon hearing what he said while Jiwoo faked a laugh.

"...yes.", Jiwoo then smiled.

As the car moved, Aiza stared out the window seriously.

'Academy, huh? Reminds me of the past.', she thought.