𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 17: 𝒟ℯ𝒿𝒶 𝓋𝓊

"Hey, did you see that?"

"He's that kid named Seo Jiwoo."

"Wasn't he sitting here with us?"

"I knew he was fast, but even Duke couldn't seem to react?"

Murmurs circled the gym as the students watched Jiwoo carrying Subin.

"What is that brat thinking?", Kayden said while feeling pissed.

Aiza and Kayden looked towards Kartein who gave off the gloomy energy.

"That punk is just like Kayden.", he murmured while shaking in anger.

Kayden distanced himself away from him. Aiza tried approaching Kartein to comfort him but Kartein glared at him.

"This is your fault! You said a while ago that it would be better if he was going to fight Duke!", Kartein said angrily.

"Huh? How is that my fault?", Aiza asked confusedly while pointing to herself.

"You jinxed it!", Kartein shouted at her and throw the treat he is holding.

Aiza then looked at Kayden while Kayden shook his head.

"Don't say anything more. Just let him be mad.", he whispered.

Duke attacked Jiwoo with his power, which made Aiza panic but when Jiwoo quickly dodged his attack with his speed, Aiza sighed in relief.

'Good thinking, Jiwoo.', Aiza smiled.

"Hey, did you see Jiwoo just now? He's so cool-"

She turned to look at Kayden and Kartein again but she stopped talking when she saw them trembling in anger while raising their paws, looking like they were ready to punch someone.

'Looks like there are two dads who are going to scold Jiwoo later.', she thought.

When the world awakened student left, the students from Korean Academy cheered once again and shouted.

"Woohoo!"

"We're just world-class too!"

"We're proud Koreans!"

"Wow! The kids seem lively since most of their students won. It feels like a deja vu.", Aiza smirked.

Jisuk mocked Subin by raising his pointing finger and shouting.

"One loss! One loss!"

Aiza then giggled upon seeing them smile.

'This is such a fun place. I want to stay here longer.', she thought.

Jiwoo then looked in Aiza's direction. He then started to feel nervous upon seeing Kayden and Kartein clenching their fists.

"Run, Jiwoo! Run!", Aiza mouthed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me go! I said, let go!", Kartein shouted.

Kayden tried stopping him by locking his arms on his shoulders. Aiza raised her hands and blocked Kartein to defend Jiwoo.

"I'm going to give that brat a cat punch in the head-!"

"I'm sorry.", Jiwoo bowed and kneeled at him.

"Uhm... Luckily, my core doesn't hurt. I tried force control too, and there seemed to be no problem.", Jiwoo continued.

"Yeah?", Kayden said.

"Using your power for just a moment wouldn't hurt! You know why?", Kartein moved, which made Kayden stop holding him.

"Since I'm the one who healed you. I, Kartein, healed you myself.", he bragged while pointing at himself proudly.

"Tsk.", Aiza looked away, feeling embarrassed of him. The same goes for Jiwoo and Kayden.

"Jeez! You make all sorts of trouble just like your mentor.", Kartein complained.

"What do you think of Jiwoo's condition?", Kayden asked.

"Well, the amount of power he used today won't cause much problem."

"Yeah? What about the sparring match in three days?"

"Of course, he shouldn't do it."

"You said it won't be a problem. Then isn't he fully recovered?", Kayden complained.

'Why does Kayden look like a parent of Jiwoo complaining to his doctor?', Aiza thought as she watches Kayden and Kartein talking.

"It might've been okay to use power for a short time, but a sparring match is a different matter. He'll have to use his core throughout the match, and that can be a problem, all right?", Kartein talked back, feeling annoyed.

"Jiwoo. You should withdraw from this sparring match.", Kayden said seriously.

"I do think so too... But I don't know if I can since I interrupted the match. They might put our academy at a big disadvantage.", Jiwoo replied, feeling down for himself.

"I wouldn't put it past those guys.", Kartein mumbled.

"If Kartein can't do anything about it, there's no other way.", Kayden said, which made Kartein flinch.

"But...", Jiwoo insisted.

"Kartein says it's even impossible for him.", Kayden said seriously.

"No. I didn't say it's impossible-", Kartein said but Kayden cut him off and shouted.

"Stop insisting and just give up! Huh? That guy said he can't do it!"

"Hey! Hey! It's okay. If Kartein won't heal him, then I will.", Aiza said.

"Oh! Right! We have another good healer here. If Kartein can't do it, maybe the great Aiza can.", Kayden said, which made Kartein annoy even more.

"Wait. When did I ever say that? When did I say I can't do it?", Kartein asked seriously.

"Huh? I thought you did?", Kayden looked at Kartein.

Kartein let out a big sigh and looked away.

"No, I didn't. Who says... Anyway, I never said I can't do it."

"Oh! It's okay, I got it. There's no shame in admitting what you can't do. Besides, Aiza is here, who is also known as a good healer.", Kayden said, provoking Kartein.

"I said no! Jiwoo, your core is no doubt recovered! I told you not to use power yet because you might strain your core too much and cause a problem again!", Kartein shouted.

"Kartein, calm down. Don't push yourself too hard. Just let Aiza do it.", Kayden said, while tapping Kartein's back.

"That's right, Kartein. I know you are tired and overworked yourself lately so just let me do it.", Aiza approached Kartein and tried to comfort him but Kartein is mad even more.

"Shut up! I'm not pushing myself, this is just a piece of cake! Your sparring match in three days, I'll be the one to make it possible! Aiza, you stay out of this! I'm the only one who should heal Jiwoo.", Kartein said and crossed his arms.

Jiwoo jumped out of joy while Kayden laugh mischievously. Aiza then looked away and shook her head.

'Tch! Such a greedy bastard!', she thought.

Kartein stood up and walked.

"I have some things to prepare, so let's start tomorrow.", he said.

"I'll help you out.", Aiza said and followed him.

"Thanks. You should help too, you punk!", Kartein shouted to Kayden, who was just sitting and yawning.

"Jeez! These K duos.", Aiza shook her head.