𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 25:ℳℯℯ𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒟𝓇. 𝒦𝒶𝓃ℊ 𝒶ℊ𝒶𝒾𝓃

When they went back to Jiwoo's house, Kartein healed Jiwoo in the basement. He then sighed after treating him.

"Your arm was broken, so I took care of it. It should heal up with a bit of rest.", he explained.

"Thank you.", Jiwoo replied.

Kartein looked at Aiza who was laying on the sofa and blankly stared at the ceiling. She only turned her head when she heard the door click open. Kartein and Kayden also did the same upon hearing an unfamiliar voice.

"Someone got inside the house.", Kayden said.

They walked upstairs to see the person entering the house. Jiwoo was then surprised to see his mom talking to the cats.

"Mom?", he called. His mom turned her head and looked at him.

"Whaat? That's Jiwoo's mom?", Kayden whispered, feeling surprised to see his mom.

"Kayden, it's your first time seeing her?", Kartein whispered back.

"Yup. I knew that she was a researcher at some foreign pharmaceutical company, but I'd never seen her before.", Kayden replied.

Aiza froze, feeling surprised by what she saw.

'That woman... is Jiwoo's mom?', Aiza's eyes widened.

"My son! You've grown so big!", Jiwoo's mom stood up and hugged her son.

"What's going on, Mom? You haven't even given me a heads-up. When did you arrive in Korea?", Jiwoo asked.

"I had some things to take care of, so I stopped by while I was in the country.", his mom replied.

They both sat on the sofa and Jiwoo start explaining his power to his mom.

"Awakened one?", his mom asked.

"Yes, I wasn't a weirdo, but I was one of the awakened ones. And there were lots more like me throughout this world.", Jiwoo replied excitedly.

"So you happened to find out.", his mom smiled.

"Huh? You also knew about this mom?", Jiwoo asked and his mom nodded in reply.

'Of course. She knows it very well, Jiwoo.', Aiza let out a sigh and looked away.

'I knew she had a son but who would've thought it would be Jiwoo?... What a small world we live in.', Aiza looked at them again.

"How come you never told me?", Jiwoo asked.

"I gave a lot of thought to whether I should tell you or not. But the world of awakened ones that I knew of was... Too dangerous.", Jiwoo's mom replied.

'Very dangerous indeed. If I were her, I would also do the same. I'll keep Jiwoo away from that place.', Aiza closed her eyes, she couldn't stand seeing Jiwoo being exposed to where his mom worked at. She knew very well how dangerous his mom's work is and she felt a bit of guilt for keeping it a secret to him.

Jiwoo's mom felt Aiza's gaze so she turned to look at her.

"Huh? You also adopted a mouse?", she asked confusedly.

"Uh... Yeah.", Jiwoo replied reluctantly.

"It's a good thing your cats didn't eat the mouse.", his mom replied while staring at the mouse.

"Haha. Actually, my two other cats helped her.", Jiwoo replied excitedly.

"You adopted other cats? Can I see them?", his mom asked, feeling interested in what he said.

"Yes! The other one is that white cat.", Jiwoo said while pointing at Kartein.

"Oh! Hello!", his mom waved at Kartein while Kartein looked at her blankly.