𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 47: 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇ℊℴ𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓃 𝓂ℯ𝓂ℴ𝓇𝓎

Amyeong's POV:

Aiza Trey.

I've heard that name many times. She's quite famous for being one of the world's strongest awakeners. Rumors say she likes to fight others, particularly the ones on the higher ranks just like Kayden. Others would even make a bet about who would win when the two of them fight.

A lot of people wanted to get rid of her. Most of them would even cooperate with the frame and send some of the assassins to kill her. However, most of the assigned assassins will either end up badly injured to the point that their core is broken and were unable to use their powers anymore or worse... They'll end up dead. But despite that, they won't stop sending us to get rid of her.

One time, I was summoned by our head to give me another mission. I went to the meeting place and greeted him, secretly curious about the mission he was going to give to me.

"Amyeong. You are one of the assassins assigned to kill Aiza Trey.", he said and handed me a paper with a picture of hers.

"You will be going with Lord Andrei and the other two top 10 awakeners. The assassins you're going to are them.", he said and pointed out the three assassins beside him. The ones who were also ranker assassins like me.

I looked down and stared at her drawn face on the paper I was holding. For some reason, she looks familiar. But wait... Did the head just say I was one of the assassins sent to kill her?

At that thought, I feel anger starting to well up inside of me. I instinctively crumpled the paper I was holding and threw it to the person in front of me.

Everyone started to whisper at each other and look at me as if I'd lost my mind. Even our head looked at me with his eyes widened in shock. I, too, was also shocked by what I just did.

"Amyeong, do you even have an idea about the consequences of your actions?", our head said.

Upon hearing his strict tone, I bit my lip and lowered my head. I could hear his footsteps approaching me but before he could get nearer to me, I raised my head and made an excuse for me to not perform the mission.

"Let me kill Kayden Break instead.", I said confidently, causing him to halt his steps.

Our head was silent for a while. He looked me straight in the eyes with a serious face before he took a sigh and turned his back.

"Fine! You better make sure you will succeed with that mission.", he said and walked away.

I bowed at him before I stood up and left the room, looking reserved and cold, as if my mind was not in trouble. The moment I got in my room, I flopped on the floor and palmed my face.

'The fuck is this? Why am I protecting the person I didn't know and chose to kill Kayden instead?'

I let out a loud sigh and slowly leaned my head on the door to blankly stare at the wall.

'Aiza Trey...'

'Just who the hell are you?'

2 days later, I came to meet with the assassin who was also assigned to get rid of Kayden and together, we went to the place where we were told Kayden was staying.

Korea

The moment I stepped foot in Korea, I met two people who gave me mixed emotions and a flash of strange memories that I was unsure if it was mine or not.

First is Jiwoo Seo.

I expected him to look more intimidating for being Kayden's apprentice. However, when I met him in person, I was disappointed to see him weak.