𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 40: 𝒫𝓇ℯ𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝒹𝓁𝓎

When Duke opened his eyes, he immediately saw his mentor and his senior apprentice standing beside the bed he's lying on.

"M-Master? S-Senior apprentice?", Duke uttered weakly.

"Duke Grane... You were lucky.", Schnauder said with an emotionless expression on his face.

'Lucky? How am I lucky?', Duke thought in confusion.

"You were lucky Aiza Trey go easy on you.", he continued.

'Go easy? Stabbing him like that is going easy for her?', Roist thought, feeling confused by what his mentor said.

"These scars on my body... I got these after fighting her...", Schnauder confessed, which made his two disciples look at him in shock.

"Aiza Trey... That girl can tear your body to shreds if you're not strong enough to withstand her attack.", Schnauder continued.

'She's that strong?!', his two disciples thought.

"You better not get on her nerves because the title that she carried 'The Goddess of Destruction' literally means that... She's pretty but she's also deadly."

"Keep that in mind.", he said.

"Yes, master.", his disciples replied.

Schnauder turned his back and left the room, leaving his two disciples alone.

"You got lucky...", Roist looked at Duke without sympathy shown in his eyes. He walked out of the room and followed his mentor outside.

When Roist left, Duke pulled out the IV tube connected to his arm and cursed himself. He threw the pillow and the blanket as he was lashing out the anger he contained.

'Aiza Trey did this to me because she saw me attacking Jiwoo! If it wasn't for him, my life wouldn't become like this!'

'If it wasn't for him, I would've successfully killed Cain. If it wasn't for him, my family wouldn't have known about my betrayal. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have stayed in this pitiful state.'

"It's all Jiwoo's fault!", he uttered furiously and gritted his teeth.

"I swear I'm gonna make you suffer!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Schnauder arrived at his room, he sat on his throne-like chair and examined his disciple, who was standing a few meters away from him.

"Did Aiza Trey also do that to you?", Schnauder asked Roist while looking at his scathed body.

"... No.", Roist replied as he lowered his head in front of him because of embarrassment. Schnauder sighed in disappointment and looked away.

"Roist... Many outstanding individuals exist on this earth. You must always stay on guard and constantly keep a serious outlook on things.", Schanuder advised.

"I'll keep that in mind, master.", Roist bowed.

"So, who did that to you?", Schnauder faced him again. Roist is silent for a while as he is feeling nervous about telling him.

"It's Amyeong, master."

"Amyeong? One of the frame's assassins?", Schnauder's eyes widened in surprise.

"... Yes. Technically, I didn't lose at him because our fight was interrupted by Garrith Luterain."

"I see...", Schnauder nodded and leaned his chin on the back of his hand while he rested his arm on the armchair.

'I know Roist is stronger than others his age but Amyeong... something is off with that kid.', he furrowed his brows and started to drown in his thoughts.