Chapter 67

When the sun starts to shine through the blinds I realise only then that I fell asleep for the night. Grabbing the remote on the nightstand, I reach my hand to press the 'turn on' button and watch as 'hollywood life' comments immediately something about Jayden.

Hollywood life was the same magazine that said Jayden's favorite fruit was a mango and he completely denied it so I don't want to use them as my best source for news on Jayden and his tour. 

But right, I don't want to try and search for another channel, I just want to know something.

I glance at my phone to two missed messages and a call, but when I call back, I get no answer. 

His texts tell me that he arrived and that he misses me more than he knew was possible but because I feel the same way, our time apart only feels more difficult.

"Jayden Torrens is starting his tour in London with a tourbus. He'll be heading--" The TV blares and I close the curtains to keep myself in the dark. Maybe I'll just stay like this until we can meet again.

I try Jayden one ore time but with no answer, I bury myself into the sheets and turn the TV on even louder.

"So, Jayden what does your tour look like?" A woman in high heels with a microphone asks.

"Uh, it's exciting you know, it's really getting there and I can't wait to do the first tour." His voice is angelic and I just close my eyes to the sound.

"Are you hanging out with any of the beautiful ladies around you all day?" my eyes shoot open. He gives the woman a side smile and parts his lips while my heart thumps.

"Nah, I actually have someone special waiting back home," he says, flicking his hair to the side. He's half boyish and half turning into a man and it's both cute and intimidating. He could be the little brother I never had but yet I love him.

My entire body starts to heat up and I squeal while burying myself further into the sheets, only allowing my face to be seen for air.

Closing my eyes and listening to Jayden explain the tour and the countries, I imagine all the things I want to do with him: go to his concert, travel some more with him, have many sleepovers, go to the zoo together and forever be with each other. 

My phone rings and I spring out of the bed but it's just my mom. 

"Ugh."

I press the red button and look at her texts, begging me to at least give her proof I'm okay. I send her a quick photo and as soon as I do, I realise I need company. I need Caroline: my best friend.

IT'S ALMOST THREE HOURS LATER and the food I ordered half an hour ago, is spread on the made hotel bed. I'm glad it was cleaned but I feel bad that the maids have to do that for me.

It's still raining and by the swaying palm tress that I've now opened the blinds for, I just sit there by the window sill with a pen and paper.

"Why you want to do me like that? You know, you know, you know . . ." I sing and write down the lyrics, hoping to match it and mix it somehow into a full song.

The lyrics sound more like they're meant for a breakup song, but I have a feeling i'll somehow someday be able to use them.