Chapter 32

The bright lights out of the darkness of the night shine at me and I feel almost blinded for a second. Somehow my hands fly up in order to somehow make it stop but nothing works and I find myself more thankful than ever that I have these sunglasses on me and that the scarf is hiding my face and hair as much as possible even though it has to be much more than this.

I try not to trip over the excessive amount of people forming all around me all of a sudden. My heels feel much too big right now and I know I'm much more likely to fall if I have to walk like this up to Jayden's house, but as soon as I take three steps, what I can assume Jayden's bodyguards show up and stand by me on each side and then finally, I spot the one I'm here for all alone; Jayden.

"Hey babe," he's fully hidden by a hoodie and thick sunglasses but the small birthmark he has by the side of his lips and above them is more familiar than anything else, and when his pink lips turn wet from his tongue, I feel like I'm in the right place.

his hand holds my lower back and I feel better and better about being there, and suddenly the idea of a lifestyle like this feels worth it because of him.

As he leads me up what small part is left to his house, I find myself slightly tripping, but his hands both grab me instantly and his lips turn to my ear.

"I got you," I feel my insides melting as I correct my step and attempt to walk up to the door, Jayden's bodyguards as well as him helping me more than I expected.

We finally reach the door and Jayden quickly pushes it open, leading me inside and slamming the door on the paparazzi.

The house is dimly lit to match the darkness outside, and as I try my best to allow my eyes to adjust and stop seeing the paparazzi camera flashes, I try my best to take in everything in front of me.

The ceiling is much higher than I expected and the lights above us make it feel like it's just the two of us as they make the lighting feel dim and relaxing.

almost instantly as we walk further inside, I'm greeted with a large white couch, it's something that could fit my whole extended family and more.

A large coffee table rests in the middle and everything stands above a middle-tone grey rug with a large tv and a firepit below.

Everything seems to be so large and compared to my mother's apartment this is something I never thought even existed. I knew L.A. mansions were big but this is something else.

"Let me show you something," he takes my hands, removing his hoodie as I remove my scarf and glasses, placing them on a very expensive-looking glass table beside me.

his hand pulls me toward the couch and then even further, to the open glass doors that lead to the large balcony. I take in the darkness and then finally, everything changes, the lights from the city amaze me. They look incredible in the darkness.

"This is a dream," I speak unknowingly and it comes out in a whisper that Jayden still somehow catches.

"Thank you for being here with me," he looks at the city as my eyes can't help but follow his words.

The warm L.A. air feels somehow fresh and I breathe it in while watching his brown eyes being mesmerized by the city.

As I close my eyes, I feel Jayden move to stand behind me and my eyes instantly close

"I still have a date planned for us," he speaks and I nod as my eyes find it difficult to leave the view in front of me.

he grabs my hand softly and I feel complete somehow, there's something about him that makes me feel a way I've never felt and even as I stare into his caramel brown eyes, I can't figure out just what it is.

as he turns around, leading me behind him I spot a small mirror by the door and the way Jayden plays a smile on his lips that I've never seen before, not when he has been with me and not in magazines.

As I start to wonder what his smile means, he speaks again, "You're going to love what I have planned," my heart flutters and I only manage to catch a glimpse of my cheeks blushing as we pass the mirror and walk out of the heavy and large door.

As we approach the back of the house, I'm yet again amazed by just how large and luxurious Jayden's life is and just how different it is from mine.

My eyes instantly dart to the yellow Lamborghini parked right in front of me and as I hesitatingly step by the front passenger door Jayden's eyes spot the hesitation in mine.

"I'll get it for you," he says and I can't help but think about just how wrong the tabloids and magazines have got him. He's not the selfish rude prick everyone makes him out to be. He's never what people think he is; he's not what I thought he was.

I was so wrong about him.

He gets the Lamborghini door and swings it open, my feet stepping closer before I take in the interior, the black-colored seats, the complicated dashboard with the mesmerizing 'Lamborghini' in cursive, and the square steering wheel that seems to make the car look even more expensive.

And after shutting my door and getting into the driver's seat, he's quick to reverse out of the parking lot as I steady my nerves for what's about to come.