Chapter 20

"I'll take you to your friend . . . Caroline, right?" Jayden's smile is so infectious. I kindly nod to him as his hand holds mine down the hallway and out of the room that has now forever changed my life.

"I don't know where she is," I speak, my eyes watering at the way I treated her just to be with Jayden. I should never have left her.

"She must be with Andrew, do you got your phone?" he asks and search for it in panic, stopping in the hallway, realizing it's nowhere to be found.

"I'll get you a new one," he says, his voice without a trace of worry as we continue walking, I know that if we don't continue walking I won't be home in time; I know I won't.

As the dark hall seems to near to an end I notice two people standing there, by the large door Caroline and I entered through, it seemed to be much more of a maze then but now it couldn't be more simple.

I spot the blond head of hair that I love so much and that manager next to Jayden that introduced himself earlier with a forgettable name.

"I'll get them a car and we'll head over to the private port," the man says,

"I got this," Jayden speaks and he might as well be pushing his manager out of the way as he approaches Caroline.

"You okay?" He asks her and I want to swoon all over him. Why does he give me those feelings when not so long ago, in fact barely 

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," she says and I know she's being the stubborn Caroline I know. 

She looks at me and her eyes are filled with hurt and worry, she was left alone for too long and I shouldn't have done that to her. I make a quick mental note to do whatever it takes to cheer her up, and swear to myself to never leave her alone again, if I don't treat her with everything I have, I know I'll never ever get a friend like her again and I wouldn't want anyone but Caroline.

I give her my best smile, knowing I'm going to talk to her on the plane and comfort her and . . . tell her about everything that happened between Jayden and I.

As I'm caught up in my thoughts, Jayden reaches for my hand, holding it in his and I feel so at bliss. His hand is warm and comfortable on mine, much larger, and the way he holds my hand makes me feel as though we're the only ones in the world and I know that when I'm with him; we are.

We walk through an outside door and paparazzi seem to attack us instantly. Oh god. I know I have absolutely no explanation of this to anyone but I'm going to have to try; I better find something to say to my mother and father, even though for the first time I'm thankful my father barely has any cell reception while he's at sea in Alaska and that for now my only nightmares we'll be my mom and of course . . . Tiffani.

Jayden turns his back to the paparazzi and hands me sunglasses and puts ones on himself, but leaves Caroline with the only option of trying to cover her face with her now shoulder-length hair.

He leans into my hair, his breath so warm and protective on my neck.

"Remember, eighteen hours, at this point, it's only fifteen," he whispers and itðs both bitter and sweet.

"Mhm," I nod to him and he finally leads us to the car, allowing Caroline to sit in the backseat first, then me, and then Jayden joins, hurrying to close the door behind us and sliding the window all the way up as we avoid the flashes that have managed to hurt my eyes even though the sunglasses.

"How do you do this all day?" Caroline asks and I can feel a hint of annoyance in her voice and I can't blame her, I can only thank her for still trying, although I'm not sure she's trying for me but rather out of genuine wonder for Jayden's lifestyle.