Chapter 31

I thought Jayden mentioned an Uber, but sending a limo doesn't make me feel any better even though that was probably what was on Jayden's mind; to calm down the nerves he knew I'd have for this.

The nerves in my stomach float throughout my body, making me feel even worse than I had before.

The reality of this is setting in and I don't know if I can make it onto the plane without throwing up first. nobody knows about this except for me and Jayden.

the driver stays silent, and there's a glass between me and him a dark glass, but yet I can still make out his features and black sunglasses that rest so assured over his eyes. He's probably used to driving all kinds of crazy people like me, one's wearing heels as expensive as their mother's two-month salary. But that's all my mother can get right now; it's the only thing she has been able to get ever since she and my dad brought me here with no passports or documentation.

I take in a deep breath, trying to ease my nerves further but every time I stare out the window, I'm reminded of just how risky all of this is. I might as well be crucifying myself.

I pray to god that I won't pass my mother on the way home, but after spotting a car similar to hers, I dive my head down into the limousine seat beside me.

"You okay, miss?" I hear the driver ask and after gulping, I sit up straight and nod.

We've been driving for what feels like three minutes and I'm finding myself wanting this car ride to last much longer than that. Somehow I feel safe here. I'm not too far from home and I'm not in the plane yet, it's a sort of in-between state that allows me to feel calm even though I'm not following my mother's me being grounded rules. 

"We're here," the driver speaks and the nerves hit like never before. I wanted this to last longer but after a seemingly four-minute drive, I'm being thrown out and into the scary world of fame and unpredictability and love being showcased for the entire world to judge. 

The driver opens the door for me and I look around to see the empty field of cement and planes around me, the private plane stands right in front of me, a white color, much bigger than I had thought private planes were. But after being on one with Caroline for the first time, I realized that they're bigger than you'd ever need.

the main door is open and the steps are laid down in front of me, and as soon as I approach the first step, a flight attendant smiles down at me, wishing me welcome and a safe flight. 

I smile back as I make my way up the exactly six steps leading me to the inside and once I get there I spot one of the tables having a clear wase with pink roses in them.

"Is this--" I don't know what I'm about to ask but before I can make a fool of myself, the blonde flight attendant answers for me.

She nods and then finally speaks, "They're for you . . . from Jayden."

My mouth slightly opens and I can't believe the sight in front of me even though it is as simple as two dozen flowers. But to just know they're for me and nobody else.

I sit down on a leather chair behind the flowers and take a steady breath as I watch the plane door being closed in front of me. The air hostess gives me one last smile before she disappears and the two pilots head inside the cockpit.

I feel so alone in this big plane and somehow it's both scary and comforting. I'm able to think but this is also one way that my nerves are going to get to every single organ.

"Is there anything I can offer you?" The stewardess asks and I shake my head.

"There are some magazines over there," she says, pointing to a stack of magazines behind me, sitting neatly in a magazine holder.