Chapter 7

I've been in the shower for probably more time than I realize and when I attempt to step out, i don't want to. 

Countless thoughts are running through my head. I know exactly what I'm going to wear, and how my makeup will look, where the producers will be, and what tonight will go like but what I don't know s what happened after tonight. 

After I go back to college and this night's over and I'm back to reality that my life is boring and that I'm a science student in college which is something I'm not even interested in. 

I sigh and then my mother's voice immediately shoots into my head and the way she sounded so dissappointed as if I failed life and the re-play that keeps playing in my head of how I felt, I felt miserable hearing all of this from my mother, and once more, I realize how important tonight is.

 If I don't make it with Jayden's producers I might as well forget my life, but if I do . . . I'll never have to worry about science again. I step out of the shower, water leaking down my leg. I wrap a towel around me before exiting the bathroom.

"Pink or black?" Tiffani asks Caroline but when she spots me, she turns o me too as if repeating the question with her eyes.

"Pin—" I begin but Tiffani stops me.

"Never mind, his ex, Xanrolica wore pink on the cover with him, I'll wear black." II roll my eyes at Tiffani's words and Caroline gives me a smile while she continues to curl her shoulder-length blonde hair and applying dark maroon lipstick. Her fair skin suits her features well and her blue eyes almost sparkle when she puts on a short blue dress.

"Wait we're getting dressed now? It's only—" I stop, it's only ten-thirty pm, oh god, I'll be late and Jayden's producers will think I'm a total failure.

"You better hurry," Tiffani says with a small giggle at the end.

I let my hair air-dry while I make sure my white nails haven't chipped. 

Tiffani gets into her outfit before applying a moisturizer with her hands. My pitch-black hair reaches down to my mid-arm as I attempt to comb lightly through it.

"Here, use this." Caroline hands me a bottle that I'm not sure what to do with.

"It's for your hair . . . the frizz." She says as her mouth is parted and she tries to comb her lashes with a thick coat of mascara. 

I nod and quickly put a bunch of product into my damp hair and let it continue drying while gathering my makeup onto the small hotel room table that is already covered with Caroline's and Tiffani's stuff. Everything is crowded and so chaotic.

"Guys!" Caroline practically yells over us all and both Tiffani and I turn wide-eyed to her.

"This a very important night," Caroline says and this time Tiffani and I stare at each other as if she just said the most obvious thing of tonight, which if heard her right, she did.

"Oh my god, I'm hyperventilating," Carolien says and starts to breathe rapidly, taking a seta on one of the beds. Tiffani doesn't know what to do and neither do I, but caroline is my best friend and I know her more than anyone. I walk toward her, place my hands on her shoulders firmly and look her in her silver-blue eyes.

"you're a boss girl, Caroline, you got this, if any of us isn't going to faint tonight from stress, it's you, besides will have the same goal tonight." Caroline looks at Tiffanni who is doing her makeup and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, maybe it's just us, but it's us, Caroline, it has always been us, when having we ever not got this? For god's sake, my mother bashed me about my grades this morning and I'm still going."