Chapter 16

Without anything special in mind, I grab the pair of heels that Jayden gifted me from my mother who was kind enough to drop them off, I let her know I'll be staying one more night a Dad's house with Caroline, and like before, after throwing in one 'We're playing dress-up and watching Jayden's concert live,' she leaves as I mentally prepare myself for what's about to come.

Like Caroline, I've asked myself multiple times if this is what I really want, and each and every answer, I either mentally say the word 'yes' or nod my head. I want this, this has been what I've been waiting for my whole life, not Griffin Wallaby, but Jayden Torrens, hat's who I belong with; I know it.

I watch in amusement as Caroline tries on a soft pink lip on her small lips as she slips into a white dress and curls her short blonde hair.

I slip into black jeans along with my heels and a blue top.

I take a deep noticeable breath but I don't see Caroline's lips parting his time, because right now, she knows ha I'm as serious about this as I have ever been.

"So we're ready, right?"

"I hope so." Caroline's lips are tight and I'm forced to have nerves flooding over me.

As we head down the stairs, I make sure to lock the front door and place the key into my purse before we both stare wide-eyed at the black limo parked outside now our doorstep.

The driver steps outside and I'm more surprised that this is real reality and that Jayden's note wasn't just words.

"Miss Gonzalez and her blonde friend?" the driver reads off a card and I nod, knowing that these are probably Jayden's exact words about Caroline.

Caroline rolls her eyes before we're invited into the car, it's long and yet very comfortable. The driver closes our doors before appearing in the driver's seat and moving us away from everything familiar.

"I'VE NEVER BEEN at this airport," Caroline begins but I'm too caught up in looking at my purse, trying to find the tickets Jayden gave me, I know we don't have much time and that it's important that we show up in time for the concert or all of this was for nothing but I can't help my unusual chaotic state.

"Wow this is amazing," She breathes at the window but I can't look at her or the view right now.

My small fingers fumble in my purse and I throw the inside onto the seat before tiring to re-organize everything again. I place my keys into a small pocket inside the purse before throwing away old receipts and hair scrunchies I didn't even know I had in there.

"Here!" I grab the concert tickets and wave them in the air before finishing my sentence in awe at what's outside the tainted limousine window, "They are." I say quietly.

"Oh my god," I breathe at the private plane in front of us, the white color of the exterior with a single black stripe below.

"I've never . . . this is—" I can't find words and before I manage to, the driver opens my door.

"Jayden has prepared everything you could possibly want inside, but we better hurry or you two will be late for tonight's show." I gulp, not knowing how to handle the excitement in me.

"Right," Caroline says, trying to soothe both of our nerves as I step outside into the surprisingly calm air.

Caroline quickly joins me, standing beside me and holding my hand.

"Jayden better have asked them to bring late lunch, I'm starving," she says and we both chuckle, trying to understand how the two of us deserve something like this.

I feel myself walking toward the plane but I don't really feel it other than I see my feet moving me to the front.

I step up the small stairs leading us to the plane and I'm greeted with the pilot's and flight attendants' smiles. I give them what I can muster before stepping into the plane further and facing the seating area.

"Wow," I say, our concert tickets in my hands as I try to take in what's in front of me.

The leather seats are something I could never have dreamed of, this isn't like commercial at all.

"Welcome to Jayden's lifestyle," Caroline breathes as she stands beside me just as shocked as I am.