Chapter Sixty-Three - My Type

Lexa stared at the old, worn-out home with wide eyes

Lexa stared at the old, worn-out home with wide eyes. It was a far cry from our place in Vegas—an apartment in much better condition. Plus, she was used to Axel's penthouse and mansion. I could understand why the house might seem a little intimidating to her, but I had plans to restore it.

"This is where I lived with Grandpa. This is our home, love, and we'll fix it up," I assured her.

"It's so scary..."

I laughed, "I know it looks that way now, but you and I will make it better."

Her eyes lit up, "Can Dad join us?"

I rolled my eyes, fully aware that Axel wouldn't leave us alone even if I begged. I picked her up and took her inside our home. It was just as I remembered it. The family who lived here after us had not been very kind to our home.

I pulled out the stairs to the attic—my childhood bedroom—and holding Alexa close, I climbed my way up.

I put her down the second we stepped into the old rusty attic. I made her wear a mask so she won't inhale the dust and germs up here. All of our stuff was still here in the attic. I left it as it was and the family who came after us put our stuff in the attic. 

I saw my makeshift bed still in the corner of the attic covered in dust and god knows what. My eyes welled up with tears as I remembered how much I missed it when I slept on the streets. I inhaled sharply, trying hard to keep my tears in. I didn't want to cry in front of my daughter.

I showed her around, pointing out Dad's old clothes, my own clothes that won't even fit me anymore, and the assortment of belongings that held pieces of our past. I even found the red dress that I bought for myself and the red heels—the ones I wore when Axel and I went to a school party.

"Mommy has so many memories in this house, baby, I grew up here," I told her. "And now after it's fixed—"

She cut me off, wrapping her little arms around my neck, "We'll make new memories, Mommy."

I nodded eagerly, "Yes, yes we will."

After surveying the whole house, and doing the math in my head about how much time it will take to restore it, we both stepped out of the house to see Axel right outside.

He leaned casually against his sleek, black car, donning a perfectly tailored suit and stylish shades that covered his eyes. With his arms crossed over his chest, a confident smile curled upon his lips as he caught sight of us. Immediately, Alexa pulled her hand from mine and dashed toward him.

She adored being lifted and thrown into the air by him, giving me a mild heart attack every time.

I walked over to both of them and stood by their side. Axel kissed Alexa's cheek while keeping his eyes on me, "I love what you've done with the place," he commented gesturing towards my home. I rolled my eyes, shooting him an annoyed look.