Chapter Thirty-Eight - She Could Be Mine?

Enjoy! ❤️

"She called me, Christian, I know she did, it was her!" my voice reflected the desperation I was feeling inside

Christian and I were standing outside the Harvard building, Ace was leaning against the wall in the back, keeping his distance from me.

Christian clenched his jaw, slamming a hand over the wall. "Axel, fuck! Dude, you OD'd, you almost fucking died right in front of me, and I can't fucking take it anymore! Chloe is fucking dead, six feet under the fucking ground. She is not coming back to you. Just fucking give up on this bullshit, man!"

I formed my hands into a fist, I wanted to hit him, I wanted to beat him up but I didn't. "I have a number..."

"What?" Christian snapped.

"I have a number, I know it was her. She called me, it was her voice. She's alive and I'm going to prove it to you,"

"I believe you."

I looked behind Christian and saw Ace leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Christian's head snapped in his direction, his eyes wide.

"Ace, I know you want Axel's friendship back but don't fucking give him hope, you asshole!" Christian shouted but I just watched Ace with a frown.

Ace's expression hardened. "You have the number? We can get an address from that, I'll go with you"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'm your friend, Axel, and if you believe that she is the one who called you then I believe you."

"He had more drugs in his system than blood, Ace, he was fucking hallucinating. He called three to four girls Chloe that fucking night!" Chris ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

Ace disregarded what Christian had said and faced me. "Give me the number and I'll send it to dad's guy, he will give us the location in no time."

Chloe, it was for Chloe...

I nodded and immediately sent him the number. Ace sent it to the guy and within an hour we got all the information we needed. The name was registered to a man named Johnny Hagen, he was fifty-two years old, lived in Las Vegas, was divorced, and had two kids.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would Chloe be with a man like him? How can she be in Las Vegas?"

"I think we have to go there to find out" Ace added.

Christian blew out a breath. "I'm done, I'm done with you guys, whenever you are done with this fucking madness, call me!" saying that, he turned and stalked off into the campus.

Ace and I boarded his dad's private jet and we flew to Las Vegas the same day. Immediately after landing, we rented a car and drove to the address. We both didn't really talk to one another but I could see he was really fucking trying.