Chapter Nine - Lexa And Mommy Against The World.

I dug around in my handbag for a minute before dragging out a joint and lighter

I dug around in my handbag for a minute before dragging out a joint and lighter. I lodged the joint between my lips and lit it before I took a long drag. I stared at my reflection in the mirror— I could never get used to seeing myself like that. I blew out a thick cloud of smoke and the mirror turned a bit blurry before the smoke dissipated.

The door slammed open, I snapped my neck in the direction of the sound to see who it was. Maxim's eyes scanned the room before they settled on me. One second he was by the door and the next second he was standing right before me.

I stared at him, perplexed.

Now, what did he want?

He turned my seat towards him in a swift motion and leaned over me by placing both of his hands over the armrests.

"Change into your casual clothes" he ordered monotonously. "We're leaving"

I blinked a few times, a crinkle appeared between my brows. "Why?"

"Change... We need to leave!" He answered.

I shrugged, I just performed, I knew many men will ask for a private room now. I liked working the private rooms, the money was great and no one was allowed to touch me anyway.

"Three men have already asked for a private room---"

"NO!" He snapped, his tone hard and aggressive. I stared at him bewildered.

I could see him resisting very hard to hide his temper. "You are not performing in any private room tonight. We're leaving!"

His demeanor made me anxious. What if something was wrong? I flicked the cigarette in the dustbin and stared into his eyes. 

"Maxim, is everything okay? You seem agitated... Is Lex okay?" My voice quivered, as I asked about her.

"Lex is fine, I just talked to the babysitter"

I breathed out in relief. "Then what is it?"

Maxim just stared at me. He dipped his head and I immediately turned my face to my left. His lips landed on my cheek, I closed my eyes as I let him do whatever he wanted. He grazed his lips from my jawline to my temple where he laid a gentle kiss. His lips stayed glued to my face for a couple of minutes.

"You're mine..." His hot breath fanned the side of my face. "Just say the fucking word and I'll take you and Lex away from here"

I could feel the red, hot anger curling into my gut. I belonged to no man! My daughter belonged to no man. We were enough for each other. I wanted to push him away and scratch his fucking face with my nails till he bleeds but instead, I just placed a hand on his chest and pushed him away gently.

"What do you want?"

He shook his head. "We need to leave right now... Andrew's orders"

"Fine... I'll go, change..."