Chapter Forty-Eight - Life And Death

Hello, dear readers!

I want to start by offering my sincerest apologies for the extended delay in updating the story you've been following so patiently. I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting the next chapter, and I truly appreciate your understanding during this time.

I want to assure you that I am committed to finishing this story by the end of November. I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for updates, and I want to make it up to you.

Starting now, I plan to update the story on alternate days. However, if I happen to miss a day due to unforeseen circumstances, please don't worry. I'm doing my best to provide you with a consistent reading experience.

Regarding "The Playgirl's Lover" (TPL), I want to clarify that I have put it on hold temporarily. As a writer, I can only fully focus on one book at a time, and right now, my priority is completing "The Billionaire's Stripper" (TBS). Rest assured that once TBS is finished, I will resume work on TPL. Your patience with this decision means a lot to me, and I promise to deliver the conclusion you've been waiting for.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you who have been reading, commenting, voting, and enjoying the story. Your support and engagement mean the world to me, and it's what motivates me to continue writing.

And one more thing, the most important one, If you've got nothing positive to contribute, then kindly keep it to yourself. I'm absolutely fed up with the negativity that's been poisoning Wattpad's comment section. Those who only chime in to bash a character, but mysteriously disappear when the same character does something good, you're not welcome here. I don't need your comments, your votes, or anything from you. I'm here to write for my dedicated readers, and I'll continue to do so without your unnecessary input.

I feel compelled to highlight the significance of kindness and positivity due to the negative atmosphere in Wattpad's comment section, which, at times, has discouraged me from continuing to write.

Thank you again for your support and understanding. Let's make this reading experience a joyful one for everyone. Happy reading!

xoxo

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

I couldn't breathe

I couldn't breathe.

No.

The air around me felt thin, as if it was being sucked away. The distant sound of children screaming echoed in my ears, but it felt like it was coming from a far-off, otherworldly place. My chest constricted, each breath becoming a laborious struggle. I tried to inhale, but my lungs felt like they were trapped in a vice.