Chapter Thirty-Three - The Notorious Playboy

Comment and vote! ❤️

"If I put on your favorite show, would you promise to stay quiet for like thirty minutes?" I said to her, tired out of my mind

It was a holiday and Alexa had burst into the room at six in the morning and screamed at us to get up. She was stunned to see me sleep in the same bed as Axel. She had never seen me asleep with another person other than her.

She asked a string of awkward questions, this morning was horrible for me because I had to explain to her that Axel is not my boyfriend and we are not getting married. According to her, only married people sleep in the same bed.

Stupid Axel found this whole situation funnier than it was, while Alexa asked if we were getting married he only laughed like it was the wittiest joke in the world.

We had gone to bed late at night, after I put Alexa to bed, I curled up under the blanket and cried my eyes out until Axel pulled me into him and just held me. I fell asleep sometime into the night and woke up with Alexa's screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Okay," she extended her hand out for the TV remote.

I hesitated but placed it on her palm, I don't let her watch the TV without supervision but my head was exploding and I just needed a few minutes to myself.

Axel was working, he was sitting in the corner of the living room, talking into his Bluetooth while typing away on his laptop.

I glanced back at Alexa and heaved a sigh as she danced with animated characters dancing on the screen.

I went to sit by the window, it was a beautiful view. I had never seen this city like this before. I liked watching everyone going by their days, they looked so small from up here.

I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. After so many days, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. Maybe, because I talked about it, I talked about the abuse I endured all these years. I have never talked about it before other than with Roxy but it's different with her because her situation isn't any better than mine. I wonder what she must be doing right now.
And for the first time, I called Andrew for what he was—a rapist. It felt lightweight, empowering even just to say those words.

A high-pitched squeal brought me out of my reverie. My head snapped towards Alexa as she let out another scream.

"MOMMY, LOOK, AXEL IS ON TV!" she enthusiastically yelled out.

I frowned as my eyes went behind her and I saw Axel's picture plastered on a news channel. I got up from the floor and walked to it.

“The Notorious Playboy paid his wife 1 Million Dollars to keep quiet about their marriage”

“Penelope Warren worked as a waitress in a local bar where the Axel King approached her, he pursued her for months before they finally tied the knot and got married in secret"