Chapter Thirty-Four - Forgotten how to love.

Enjoy xx

She's been sulking, sitting as far away from me as possible, looking out the window as we drove to the airport

Little human is as energetic as she always is, sitting between us, humming a tone of a nursery rhyme, swinging her legs in her car seat.

Our car passed through airport security and drove straight to where my jet was parked. I grabbed my stuff but then I heard a little squeal.

"Mommy! An airplane!" little human jumped in her seat.

"I know, sweetie" Chloe's voice was tired.

I felt bad for dragging her through this with me but I can't seem to let her out of my sight. I think I will go crazy if I don't see her every other hour. It's like there's a fear that even if I looked the other way, she'll disappear and I won't be able to find her again.

Chloe removed Little human's seat belts and pulled her up from her seat. We stepped out of the car, and Chloe picked her up in her arms. I eyed Chloe's heels and the airstairs and then Little human in her arms.

She can hand her to me if she wants.

"I love airplanes!" she told me. "Is this yours?"

I nodded. "It is"

"Cool!"

"Wanna know something cooler, I know how to fly it too," I told her as I gestured for Chloe to take the stairs before me; if she slipped at least they both will trip over me.

"Really?!" her blue eyes went wide. "That is cooler, Axel!"

"You wanna fly it?" I asked as I stepped up after them, Little human was staring at me from over Chloe's shoulder.

Chloe entered the plane and turned with a whiplash, holding her daughter closer. "Excuse me?! No, she doesn't want to fly an airplane, she is a child, it's no joke!"

She pouted. "Mommy, please..."

"No, Alexa, and I don't want to hear an argument in return!"

Little human's eyes watered, she blinked and two very fat tears rolled down her cheeks as Chloe put her down in a seat. A heaviness settled in my chest, I haven't seen her cry. This is the first time she was crying in front of me and it wasn't a good sight, I wanted her to stop.

"I don't like you..." she whispered to Chloe.

Chloe slightly glared at her. "And you are on a time-out," saying that, Chloe took away her Wonderwoman doll and she started to cry harder.

"She's just a child, Chloe!" the words slipped from my mouth before I could stop them but I didn't regret saying them.

"Yes, and she is my child, my problem, not yours" she answered me sternly.