Chapter Thirty-Five - Those Electric Blue Eyes

Here's another update! ❤️

Penelope Warren was slapped with so many lawsuits in one day that the poor girl got scared and claimed the whole thing was a hoax—a smear campaign against Axel James King

Penelope Warren was slapped with so many lawsuits in one day that the poor girl got scared and claimed the whole thing was a hoax—a smear campaign against Axel James King. That she was paid by an unknown source to defame him. Axel's lawyers were working on finding that unknown source. The whole estate was filled with his lawyers and their associates.

The girl withdrew her claim before the case went to court, and Axel's lawyers are now demanding a public apology from her in return for dropping the charges against her.

It was so exhilarating to spend the day with all these people, I was personally so invested in the case that I completely forgot that it was about Axel. I was completely in awe of the way these lawyers were passionate about their cases and the way they were able to make even the most trivial facts seem fascinating. There was so much to learn and I was eager to soak up as much as possible. I might not get another chance like this one.

I found myself constantly in conversation with the lawyers, asking questions and genuinely interested in what they had to say. There were so many things happening at once and it was impossible to be bored.

I felt like Alexa with a chocolate cake all to herself.

I felt a warm breath against my ear and flinched slightly, not expecting someone to be this close to me. I turned and saw Axel and his blue eyes. He had a crooked smile on his face, his eyes shining as he looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

He looked around the people in the room and leaned closer. "It was Maxim Hayes."

"Huh?"

"The smear campaign, the unknown source, everything. It was him"

"Oh..."

This was too small considering there was so much more Maxim could do to Axel. I have no idea why they were afraid of him. What did Axel have on them?

He laughed sardonically as if he was amused that Maxim even tried something like this. "Yeah, he thought that this will distract me, and I'll forget about you and leave you alone," with a malicious smile on his face, Axel whispered. "I'm going to crush that motherfucker like a fucking pest that he is."

I sighed. "They want me back, Andrew must want me back."

I never want to go back there even if it means that I had to live with Axel, so be it.

"Andrew will chew his own fucking dick off once I'm done with him"

I looked back at all the lawyers in the room, hope filled me. "I'd like to see that..." I trailed off, it wasn't easy to take him down.