Chapter Seventeen - A Whore

"When will you be back?" I asked, gripping my phone

A deep chuckle is what I heard from his side. "Missing me, huh?"

I fiddled with the hem of my tight dress that inched up every time is shifted in my seat. "Alexa misses you..."

A sigh. "I thought she was still angry with me?"

I bit on my bottom lip. "She was... I mean she still is, but I know she misses you"

"You know what, Rose?"

"Hm?"

"It won't hurt to accept that you miss me"

I contemplated if I should say these words to him, it will give him hope. I don't want him to have hope. I just needed him here for selfish reasons. I needed him because I felt protected with him. The only two people I could trust here are Roxy and him, even when it comes to Alexa.

"If I say I miss you will you come back?"

"Depends... Are you going to say it?"

"No..."

"Then I'm not coming back"

"You have to come back at some point, you can't just spend your whole life in Japan now, can you?"

"I might... I love it here"

I picked up on the hint of amusement in his voice. "Fine, stay there!"

"But I love you and Alexa more"

I stayed silent, I didn't know how to answer that. I cared for him. I didn't love him. I could never love anyone ever again.

"Hm..."

"Rose..."

"Hm?"

"What's wrong? Did Andrew do something?"

"No..."

"You don't sound like yourself"

The door flung open and Andrew's bodyguard stood in the doorway. His gaze planted straight at me. "Andrew's office, now!" he ordered

"Is that Vito?" Maxim asked from the other side.

"Yes..."

"Hand him the phone"

I got off my seat and offered Vito my phone. "Maxim wants to talk"

He took it from my hand. "Boss?"

I put all of my important stuff in my handbag and stuffed it into my locker. I don't know what they were talking about, I only heard what Vito was saying to him.

"For three days, boss"
"Only during the day, no nights"
"I know nothing about him, boss. I only heard the name once"
"He signed over a piece of land to the big boss in Los Angeles. It's good business"
"For Rose, yes"
"His name is Anders McCain"
"Mid-thirties, blonde"
"The big boss said no first but he also offered big money with the land"
"Yes, boss. I will"
"Okay"
"I will"