chp. 38

FEAR

TW: Mentions of s*xual assault

Hwayoung trailed an unfamilar route that she doesn't usually take

Hwayoung trailed an unfamilar route that she doesn't usually take. From the restaurant to the bus stop - She had to take this route or else she'll be late for last bus tonight. 

She felt the darkness and the wind loom over her lonesome figure, creeping onto her skin. She was anxious of every step she took, avoiding contact with leaves or anything that passed by.

A loud gasp fell from her mouth as a woman who appeared in her early-40s approached her. Surprised at her unknown presence, she viewed how the woman seemed extremely injured. Her golden hair was messed up, a cut on her cheeks and her clothes were ripped and stained with blood.

"Oh my gosh, Aunty. Are you okay?" Even if there was a chance that, that woman was bait, she couldn't help but be worried for her. 

"Sweetie. Please... Help my daughter... Please... Save her." The elder spoke between cries, taking the younger female's hands into her own and begged. "I'll do anything, please."

Hwayoung was, at first, skeptical of this woman. What if she was going to lead her to somewhere dangerous? Nonetheless, she imaged her own mother pleading for a stranger's health because she got hurt, she didn't want that to happen, ever. 

"Aunty. What happened?" The Song asked in a concerned tone, orbs raking over the shorter elder.

"My daughter. She got raped. She is going to die. I need to save her. Help me, please." She responded, continuing to cry and beg for assistance repetitively. 

"Aunty, what can I do to help?" 

"Over there." She pointed over to a disclosed part of the street, a single and small door with cracking bricks around it. "You need to go in there. Through the third door and then pass by nine units, and then up the stairs and then save my daughter." Her voice cracking as she explained.

The Song was surprised at the fact that she remembered everything, understanding that the woman attempted to save her sexually assaulted daughter but failed to do so. 

"Avenge my daughter. Please, sweetie." The woman cried a loud and Hwayoung comforted her, putting herself into her shoes.

"I will. I promise, aunty." She leaned down to the shorter woman, interlocking their pinkies like toddlers before she made her way to the nearby location. 

The Song's breath was shaky as she trailed over, approaching the door. The knob was loose and their was a small label that stated, 'AZURE'. Taking a deep breath and lifting her hands to the knob, she unlocked it.

The figure was revealed to a dark blue light that flashed occasionally, it was a narrow hallway. The floor consisted of disgusting garbage scattered over it and there was a sleeping man at the end of the hallway. He was large in size and in a suited costume.

Anxiously, Hwayoung bit her lip as she walked towards the plastic strip doors, sneaking pass her slim body and entering a semi-circle room.

One. Two. Three. Third door.

It was a wooden door with a golden knob, appearing trust worthy. The female walked through the frame, exposed to a motel with endless units. The lights were just like before, blue and flashy. The sketchiness of the place made her want to go back, but she didn't want to break her promise.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine.

She counted the units, reaching at one in which the door was left slightly open. Inhaling again, she pushed lightly the door open where she found an endless amount of wooden stairs that led up to a place of light. 

Her worn-out sneakers pattered against each steps, her body shaking and in fear. Once she reached the last few steps, her head peeked at the sound of someone groaning. However, it was a male voice. Several sounds of heavy breaths filled her ears; a crave for help. 

"Oh, look who that is. Jeonghan's friend. Trying to save him? He's basically dead." Hwayoung identified him as Park Hyunsuk, the birthday boy of the first party she attended. When she looked down from the standing male, her eyes widened at the sight of her roommate with various wounds on his body.

"Who are you?" An elder voice asked sternly. "Who said you could come in here."

"Uh." She stuttered as she tried to find something stay. Yeah, this is my last breath.

She saw as Jeonghan's head gradually whipped up when she spoke, recognising her voice. They locked eye contact. Hwayoung felt her heart break seeing him like that, she wanted to save him. But first, she had to pass through these men. 

Hyunsuk began walking closer to her, as he did so, he wrapped his fingers around her arm, his tight grip preventing her from movement.

She felt her life on the edge of ending. Even if she was being held hostage, her eyes didn't leave the Yoon whose mouth was covered in blood and his eyelids were barely opening. As he was in that state, he smiled at her. 

Her heart dropped when she saw another male whack him with a rope, her body flinching.

"Oh, you pretty girl. Stop moving." The male Park prepared for a punch but another palm blocked his attack. Hwayoung squeezed her eyes shut to brace the impact but she was protected by someone else.

Her eyes directed over to a group of males standing tall behind her, one blonde male that she recognised as the Uber driver from the party weeks ago beside her. 

"Leave." His stern voice spiked through her skin. 

THANK U ALL SM FOR 1K READSSSIUFHDIERUIFVOEHEHFVPPERFUERVIEBFUH I LOVE U ALL SM WHAT THE HECKKK