chp. 42

LIAR

"I think I got the message for a while. I'll disconnect and keep the heart safe." LOVE IS (NOT) EASY, CHASE ATLANTIC

" LOVE IS (NOT) EASY, CHASE ATLANTIC

Three days. It has been three days since the incident at the AZURE Club.

Hwayoung grew less anxious, still wanting to meet Jeonghan one more time but she decided it was fate that she was the main victim of his fabricated feelings towards her. Of course, she was still extremely worried but nonetheless, she felt irritated and offended by his actions - trying to understand his situation of a gang.

She rested on her rolling chair, arms leaned onto the wooden desk as her hands moved accordingly to the complex sentences she was writing. Her exam was in two days, she had no time to think about her love story.

However, the Song discovered the notification on her phone, reading the contact name that immediately made her jolt up from her seat and pick it up.

Han

Han
Can u open the door for me?
I forgot the keys

Young
Whose this

Han
Your boyfriend ofc

At this point, Hwayoung didn't even want to see his face anymore, imagining her slapping him as soon as she opened the door. Although, she was taught by her parents to be patient and understanding.

She slid off her seat, walking towards the front door and inhaling before twisting the door knob. She was revealed to a familiar male, except, he looked much healthier and as if he was unharmed.

The Yoon smiled at her, inviting himself in. His familiar black hair fell over his eyes, curling a bit at the ends, he had a bandaid on the corner of his face, highlighting the defined jawline he owned. As if all the wounds on his stomach disappeared, his whole body looked perfectly fine.

However, the female did not smile back, just standing there breathlessly.

He saw her reaction, walking closer to her figure and wrapping his arms around her stiff body, but she did not hug back. Instead, he was the only one engaged in the embrace. Hwayoung couldn't hold her feelings any longer, she wanted to be considerate and empathetic but she just couldn't believe she was fooled by such an obvious man.

She stepped back, pushing his arms off of her.

"Young, what's wrong?" Jeonghan's tone was soft and gentle, reminding her of the day when she found him bleeding on the ground.

"You liar." She spat out, expecting something harsher to come out from her mouth but instead it was fragile and hesitant.

"I understand, it could be hard to comprehend the fact that I kill people for a living. You can hate me, but I still love you." He smiled slightly, his hands awkwardly resting by his sides.

"You still love me? What a fat liar." She looked up at the towering male, narrowing her eyes at him. "It's not about the fact that you kill people for a living. But... the fact that you lied to me! That kiss? Just for your own benefit. The confession? Just for your own fucking benefit!" She felt tears bubble in eyes as she released her bottled anger.

"Young, don't raise your voice. It's not like that." He glanced down at the angry female who bit her lip in enmity, "Fine, at first, it was for a mission but now that I realise it- I truly do." He explained.

"Don't lie to me again. You were my first love, but I was your mission love. How does that make sense?"

"I'm not even supposed to fall in love, but here I am. Confessing my feelings to you, don't you know that this could kill me?" He began raising his voice higher, but allowing it to gradually die down as he didn't want to express himself in this way.

"Now this is all about you? Seriously, Jeonghan. Get a hold of yourself! Think of yourself in my shoes! Once I trusted you, once I put myself in your hands, you fucking used me." Her voice cracked near the end, feeling her ears heat up at the outrage.

"No, Young. This isn't about me. This is about us."

"Us what? Us as in the boy that used her girl friend for a mission? I don't care about your stupid gang or revenge." The Song inhaled, taking a deep breath before continuing to speak. "Jeonghan, I believed in first and last love. But I guess you were my first and not my last."

The Yoon's lips slightly parted at the last sentence, a stab in his heart. Where was cupid at this moment? How can she not believe him? Jeonghan knew he was in the wrong, but either way, even if he did truly love her, she didn't believe it.

Hwayoung wiped her tears roughly, taking one last glance at his face before trailing off to the front door, slipping on shoes quickly and pushing it open.

She was revealed to another familiar male, his facial expression in confusion as he stood there shocked. The Song didn't want to appear in front of him in that state, ignoring his existence and stomping off.

All she could wish that Jeonghan would chase after her, begging for her back. But, he didn't.

Jeonghan stood their speechless, messing his black hair in frustration as he groaned.

"Jeonghan?" A recognisable voice called out, the said male turned around, making direct eye contact with his member.

The member walked into the apartment unit, looking at him puzzled, a strong sense of betrayal through his dark brown orbs. Jeonghan prepared for the consequences, eyes drifting over him.

"Jeonghan, you know this is wrong. Do you truly even love her?" Joshua questioned, eyebrows furrowing.

"Fine. I do." He answered blankly, making the other male sigh.

"You're not supposed to fall in love. You know what? Jeonghan, you just feel really affected by what she said but you don't actually love her, you just said that for fun." Joshua tried to gaslight him, convincing him that his own expressions are fake.

"No, Shua. You don't understand." The Hong sighed one more time, before exiting the apartment unit and leaving the broken male by himself.

" The Hong sighed one more time, before exiting the apartment unit and leaving the broken male by himself

Whose side r u guys on