chp. 55

OLD HOME

As the members began to dig into their small portion but fancy dishes, Jeonghan continuously provided the Song with foods that he knew she liked

While eating, the Yoon's eyes raked over his members, halting when he reached his leader. He noticed how he was smiling, rather than glaring with his arms crossed. This relieved Jeonghan, he knew that his leader was now fond of his first girl friend.

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?" Joshua questioned.

"No, not before this one. I mean, back at my old home, I had a lot of crushes and confessed a lot but I always got rejected." Hwayoung chuckled.

"If you always confessed, then why were you always rejecting me?" Jeonghan sulked, making the female tease his sudden change in behaviour.

"Because, it felt nice hearing that someone loves me." She answered, pinching the taller one's cheeks.

"Oh, PDA." Minghao gagged, taking a sip of his lemon water.

Nearly an hour passed as they ate, there were still a few dishes left and the members definitely had a lot more to expose about Jeonghan. Hwayoung recognised how close her boy friend and his members were, observing how they felt comfortable around the ace of their team.

Suddenly, the Song felt a vibration from her hand bag. "Sorry." She apologised to the rest of the team as she pulled out her phone and seeing the contact name of her mother.

When she accepted the call, she was introduced to a face-time feature, displaying her mother's face close-up.

Hwayoung was standing apart from the eating members, furrowing her eyebrows as she called out 'Mom' repetitively, with no response, just crying.

Soon, the screen flipped, presenting the cruel sight in front of her. A gasp slipped from her mouth and she dropped her phone in instinct, creating a distinct sound that caught the attention from several males. Her father was getting beat up by random loan sharks, blood circled his body while he tried to protect himself.

"Young. Help us. Help your dad. Please." Her mother called out, Jeonghan immediately came running towards her, seeing the tears of his partner worried him.

"Young, what's wrong?" He kneeled down, picking up the phone and his eyes widened at the view. His members noticed his sudden reaction, running to see what's going on. 

"Mom. Mom." She cried out, however, the other line hung up, making her fall into Jeonghan's arms.

"Get the car. We have to leave. Hurry!" The Yoon demanded and the members followed his orders obediently, even his leader who didn't ask what was going on, simply running out of the restaurant and slipping into his car. "Hwayoung's parents house. Shortest route, please."

Jeonghan attempted to comfort her while in the van, however, she was too confused and upset too respond. His heart broke, seeing her so stressed and crying.

The safe road from the restaurant to the outer part of Seoul would have taken over an hour, but since it's a gang, they all took an illegal route, not following the road rules. Hopefully, they would arrive at her house in less than thirty minutes.

A bit over half and hour passed, and the various vehicles arrived right outside the house of the small town. Jeonghan rushed out the car, telling Wonwoo to look after her.

All the members noticed how the front door was knocked down, giving straight access for the members that came prepared with weapons and headed into the small house.

They were greeted with four, large and muscular men who threw objects at the elder man, also noticing the singular woman that cried from the side, trying to help her husband.

When performing a mission, they were all taught not to get too emotional or else you'll lose. Swiftly, Seungcheol stabbed a knife into the shortest man, fearless of his many tattoos and muscular arms.

Hwayoung ran into her old home, heading straight to wrap her arms around her mother.

"Young. Don't look." The Yoon sent a comforting smile, in which she obeyed and heard the endless screams and groans that occurred in her own house.

All the other members helped Jeonghan in taking care of the four loan sharks, ruthlessly threatening them and injuring them. The male Jeon looked after the two crying females, making sure they weren't fully aware of their surroundings.

"Young. You can look now." Hwayoung lifted her head, loosening her grip on her mothers head, and immediately made eye contact with her father being carried on a medical stretcher. "He'll be okay. Stay with your mother for a bit." He stopped her from running out, pulling her into a tight and loving embrace, resting his head over hers.

Her tears sunk into his shirt with a few blood stains, until she pulled away and crouched down to her crying mother.

"Mom. Are you okay?"

"Hm. Young, I miss you." The elder woman held her daughter into a lasting hug, something they hadn't felt in so long. "What about your father? Where did he go?"

"I was told he'll be okay. Let's just hope." She watched as Seungcheol whispered a few words to her boy friend.

"Young, let's take you and your mother to our base. It's where your father will be sent. Is that okay?" Jeonghan inquired in a soft and gentle tone.

Hwayoung looked down to her mother, and then to the front door that was wide open, revealing the van that began to leave the neighbourhood. She nodded.

We r reaching the end of this book 😭😭 ALSO HELLO!?!?!?!?! FIRST ON #jeonghan !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!