chp. 09

DECORATION OF MY HEART

Thursday morning.

Hwayoung hasn't seen Jeonghan since the last time they ate lunch together.

She was too focused in her room studying, eyes glued to the numerous sheets of paper while she didn't care nor know about the males whereabouts.

The female had a class at 10am, so she woke up early with enough time to get ready.

Changing her clothes into a comfortable pair of blue jeans and a graphic beige jumper, she packed her bookbag full of notebooks and other necessary stationary. Her black hair was left out in a natural way, straightly laying over her shoulders.

While walking through the empty living room, she glanced over Jeonghan's bedroom whose door was left ajar. Peeking carefully between the leftover space, she couldn't find a single figure in the freshly decorated room.

Moving on, she grabbed a convenient energy bar and a bottle of banana milk from the grocery store, she left to head to her class.

It was her first finance class since moving to this university, like previously - she entered the lecture hall without knowing anyone. No familiar faces or coincidental friends from school.

While taking a seat on the isolated bubble of the vast room, she set out her belongings quietly, observing as everyone maturely took their own seats as well.

"Hwayoung!" A high-pitched voice came from the side of her position, making the mentioned female turn her head over to the direction.

She saw the same female from her part-time job at the convenience store, Jeong Goeun, she remembered her name. Smiling at the fact that someone also memorised her name - and was in the same class as her in the first place. "Goeun." The Song called out, tapping the vacant seat beside her.

"I'm so glad you're here. My friend always comes late." The Jeong whined, rushing over to the seat and dropping her bag onto the carpet floor. "Are you new here?" She inquired.

"Yeah. I moved here like a few days ago." Hwayoung informed, spinning her pen in her dominant hand.

"Where's your laptop-?" Her question was quickly disrupted as the professor stepped in the class room, silencing all chatters with his assertive aura.

The class began peacefully, conversations only popping out when the professor asked to.

Quiet but prominent steps coming from the entrance of the lecture hall, most students turned their head to the sound. The male was creeping into the room in hopes of not being noticed by the professor, knowing that he was a strict one. He had straight brown hair that stopped at his eyebrows, and was wearing a navy tshirt underneath a black jacket along with black jeans.

"Seungkwan." Goeun whisper-yelled, signalling for the male student to sit next to her.

The three sat in a line near the back of the lecture room; the order being Hwayoung, Goeun and Seungkwan. "Hwayoung, this is Boo Seungkwan. Seungkwan, this is Song Hwayoung." The female in between introduced, pointing at each of them as she imported their names aloud. The Boo waved to the female with a welcoming smile on his face.

"Students back there, quiet."

The tired female finished her class, exiting the elevator to head back to her apartment.

As she walked in the familiar direction, she noticed many men dressed in bright orange and dark blue attire coming in and out of her apartment. They looked like movers or workers and were carrying gigantic boxes of something mysterious into her shared apartment.

Baffled, Hwayoung slowly stepped towards the front door, peeking through the opened wooden frame and saw that the living room was fully garnished.

Beside the newly decorated living room of the apartment, was Jeonghan who stood with his arms crossed, carefully absorbing his ideas into the layout of the place. Pointing as the movers manoeuvred to his liking, he smiled cutely whenever it was perfected.

"Jeonghan?" The Song spoke out in a questioning tone, making the focused male turn his head over.

"Yes? You like it?" He asked, referring to the change that juxtaposed from the previous area that was basically nearly empty. Observing how the female didn't step foot into the apartment yet, "You can come in. Look at your room."

Curiously, Hwayoung took her shoes off at the lowered platform at the entrance, placing her white sneakers onto the new shoe rack and hanging her keys.

She walked over to her room, viewing the living room as she passed by. It actually felt like a home now. All thanks to Jeonghan.

Turning her body over to her personal bedroom, she instantly noticed how it was fully furnished rather than just a bed and a desk.

"I got you a closet. Now you don't have to leave your clothes in the suitcase."

A boat of happiness sailed in the Song's heart as the edges of her lips raised at the picture in front of her.

Suddenly thinking about money, "How much did all of this cost?"

"Not much."

How sweet 🥹😍

How sweet 🥹😍