chp. 30

BRACELET

"I'm sorry to say this but- I believe it was your father that abused her

"I'm sorry to say this but- I believe it was your father that abused her. He abused her every day until she died. Before that, he forced your mother to make another baby, it was you." She barely smiled. "However, right after you were born, he killed her."

"My father... was a murderer?" Jeonghan mumbled, catching her attention.

The woman sighed lightly, holding his hands to comfort him. "When your sister found out that your mother was pregnant, she was so happy. She didn't care if it was a boy or a girl. When I went over to her house, she showed me three bracelets that she made for her future brother. For you." The woman then leaned down to the drawer of the coffee table, pulling out a wooden box.

The Yoon stared as she placed it onto the table. He observed as she silently unhooked the metal chain, opening the box. Jeonghan believed crying was for the weak ever since he was young, refusing to allow tears bottle his eyes. She pulled out the three bracelets.

"They are beautiful aren't they." She smiled, her eyes wrinkling as she did so. She used her ageing hands to pass them over to the recipient, wrapping it around his wrists.

The three of the bracelets sat perfectly around his wrist, he twirled them around as he examined the design. One was a black beaded bracelet with a opaque heart charm on it, the other two were threaded bracelets; one with a silver charm and the other with a small gem.

"They are." A smile etched onto his face, referring to the bracelets that his older sister made for him.

"She spent a lot of time on them, wear them well." The woman reminded with him nodding immediately. "That's what I wanted to show you. If you have any questions, ask me now or visit me again. I don't used technology these days." She joked, breaking the mournful atmosphere.

The Yoon looked back up at her, thinking. "Is... my father still alive?"

"I'm not sure. I don't know where he is or what he is doing. Sorry, I can't help you with that. If there is any information I can get on that, I'll inform you right away."

"Was my mother a good person?" He suddenly questioned.

"Of course. Your mother had such a sweet and kind heart. She was always selfless and caring no matter who it was."

"You're bracelets are so cute." Hwayoung spoke between her chews of the energy bar she was eating, referring to the jewellery decorated on her roommates wrist.

"Yeah. My sister made them for me when I was younger." He responded, glancing over his skin.

"Really? She's so creative. How old is she?" The Song inquired before taking a sip of water from her bottle and getting off her seat to throw away the trash.

"She's 32 right now." Jeonghan replied and the female nodded with a smile on her lips.

"I wonder how it feels to have siblings." Hwayoung pondered.

I wonder too. How it feels to have a family.

Just as Hwayoung was about to leave for her morning class, she turned on her feet, creating a sliding sound that caught the attention of the Yoon. He looked up at her, viewing her visual.

"Oh right. Uh. I heard you-"

"Broke up with Yerin. Yeah, I did." He interrupted, seeming to not be stunned by the situation, holding direct eye contact with his roommate.

"To be honest. I don't want to keep it in any longer. I heard what happened at the beach house. I saw you two together outside." He only nodded in response. "Did you do it because of me?" She suddenly asked, bursting out with everything she was curious of.

Abruptly, Jeonghan stood up from his seat at the kitchen island. He walked closer and closer to the shorter female, never breaking the eye contact.

"Yeah. I also didn't want to stay with someone like that anyways." The Yoon leaned down closer to her figure, his breath fanning over her nose, his hands in his pocket.

Hwayoung gulped at the sudden contact, throwing her eyes to every side of the room, except for the male in front of her. "Well, wasn't she your longest-lasting girl friend? That must've been hard. And you did it over a small situation. Plus, I'm not into playboys, just saying-"

"Young. Just because I did it for you doesn't mean you have to reject me like that. I'm fine." Jeonghan interrupted, picking himself up from the position.

"Ah, right." She laughed it off before running out of the unit.

I'm gonna cry writing the last two chapters huhuhuhuhuhu