chp. 28

YOUTH

"I guess I'm becoming an adult, I guess that's my life" LIFE IS STILL GOING ON, NCT DREAM

The group of eight gathered around the camp fire. The darkness looming over their warm bodies, lightened up by the fire that was produced in the centre of the barbecue pit. 

They each inhaled the warm air, feeling the sense of relaxation fill their systems, relieving them from their school stress. 

The dark blue sky was studded with twinkling stars dancing along with the round, glowing, textured orb. The shadowy moonlight that reflected over their figures. A light wind that blew against their skins, in sync of the fire. They each felt the heat from the fire, the sound of crackling blaze that blanketed the silence.

Seungkwan began to play some soft, slow background music on his phone, allowing it to mix in with their conversations. 

Chan picked up the bag of marshmallows, chocolate and crackers from the rocky ground, distributing to everyone while Hwayoung handed out the wooden skewers. 

The Song was dressed in a boat-neck beige top with a pair of blue jeans. 

Seungkwan hummed along with the tune, swaying his top part of his body side to side before grabbing the stick and the ingredients of smores. They each did so as well, beginning to heat up their dessert.

"Our last night here. Everything seemed to have gone by so fast." Chan began talking, resting his elbows on the edge of his thighs.

"Right. Feels great though, I'd hate to be back at school." Hwayoung laughed lightly, enjoying the soft breeze and the current atmosphere of their group.

"No, you don't. You would probably love to be back at school and studying." The Lee teased, "Here." He offered the smores stick that he just developed, handing it over to the female beside him.

The mumbled a small 'thanks', along with a smile before cooling down the snack. 

She already has him. Why is she chasing my boy friend? Yerin internally complained, sinking into her seat as she glared at Hwayoung.

"Anyone want to drink?" Goeun questioned, pulling out the shot glasses and bottles of soju from the plastic basket beside her. Instantly, most of the friends raised their hands, receiving a laugh from the Jeong's mouth.

Yerin continued eyeing the female that sat between two males, Chan and Jeonghan. She let out a silent 'tsk', internally rolling her eyes. 

"Yerin? You want?" Jihyun questioned, referring to the drink.

"Yes, please." The Lim smiled, thanking Jihyun for the shot glass.

"Cheers!" Seungkwan insisted, standing up and raising his glass, followed by everyone else who did the same.