41

School at U.A. continued as normal for everyone except one girl. Sora sat in the common room where Class 1-A usually ate their meals and chatted with Yokumiru Mera and Madam President of the Public Hero Safety Commission plus the attorney they'd gotten for her. Beside her was Aizawa who had left the afternoon training to Ectoplasm so he could stay with the girl for her meeting. They chatted for hours, repeating the story she'd given the police and remembering little details that she wanted to include in court.

Unfortunately for her, she had to rehearse her plea and prepare to make sacrifices in front of a jury as it was the only way to gain their trust and have a chance at a normal life. It was clear to Aizawa, however, that she had little hope that they would do any more than throw her in Tartarus.

"Listen," the lawyer began to wrap things up. "All you can do in front of a judge is be honest. We can't guarantee that you'll come out unscathed, but we can give you your best chance. You just have to make them believe that you can be a hero. We'll handle the rest from there."

Sora nodded silently as they began grabbing their belongings. School should've just ended which meant that the students of 1-A would be returning to the dorms any moment now. "Have a good day." Aizawa nodded them off and watched the girl. She continued to sit in her seat, her hands clasped together in her lap. She didn't move or say a word. She was so terrified that these few days would be her last of freedom. Then, all she'd know is a cell.

A couple of students scrambled through the door, passing by the members of the Commission and letting their eyes follow along to the two sitting at the table. Hushed murmurs were shared behind hands as they wondered what they had discussed this afternoon. The Public Hero Safety Commission representatives had been in and out for the last few days, meaning her trial was probably coming up within the next few days. It was nerve-wracking and a lot of them could only imagine how she felt about it.

A pink-haired girl skipped through the common area with a short brunette in tow, both stopping just short of the table.

"So, how'd it go today?" Sora shyly looked up at the two girls, taking note of the broad smile on Mina's face and how Uraraka's wide eyes squinted slightly as her lips tugged her cheeks up. She felt grateful to her friends for checking up on her throughout everything. While the other students talked about Sora, these two made sure to speak with her every day and make sure she was feeling comfortable. She sighed with relief, her shoulders falling like a huge weight had been removed.

"Just the usual chat. Gotta keep our fingers crossed, I guess." Mina leaned down and scooped her hands from the table, pulling her out of the chair and leading her to the couches. Uraraka fell into step on her opposite side as they dragged her away from their teacher.

"Come on, we're having another meeting about the school festival."

"More work for the dance team?"

"Yeah," the brunette added excitedly. "Mina is teaching us some new moves tonight!"

"You can join us if you want!" Sora sat on one of the couches while those on the dance team gathered around for another night of practice, including Iida, Tsuyu, and others.

"I'll just watch if that's okay." The girl looked at her feet. Everyone was getting ready for the school festival in a couple of days, giving their all for the concert that they'd offer to the general education students as an apology for all of the mess they'd caused the whole year. Meanwhile, Sora sat on the sidelines and prepared herself for her judgment day which was coming up in the next few days after the festival. It wasn't that she didn't want to join in and have fun, but she felt that she would be giving herself false hope if she participated. It would only make her feel worse if she were to get locked up.