35

Sora woke up slowly, pain radiating throughout her body like tidal waves crashing against the shore. The girl could barely move. It was as if every single bone in her body had broken and would need extensive surgeries to fix. Her pale skin was littered with cuts and bruises as if she'd been beaten with a bat and her head ached from the gash that had opened when she hit the ground. Dried blood caked up half of her hair and left marks all across her face.

The silver-haired girl pulled herself up to a sitting position and groaned from how badly it hurt just to move. She scanned her surroundings, finding nothing but a dirty, dimly lit room by the sun peaking through the dingy window with her blurry eyes. She shut her eyes, trying to process what had happened and how she'd gotten here. They then shot up as panic flooded her body due to her situation. She remembered giving up and falling, waiting for death and not grasping the reaper's hand when she had the chance. She remembered being so damn close to freedom that she could taste it, only to have it stripped away from her by those she hated most.

She remembered screaming her lungs out, trying to escape the hell that she had now been trapped in in god knows where. Her limbs clambered around as she tried to regain her bounds but found that her wrists and ankles had been chained to the wall with terribly rusted cuffs. She attempted to slip out using her quirk but found that she couldn't muster a single ounce of power. Sora struggled against them, hoping their fragility would make them break by force but froze when she heard a heavy door open on the other side of the room. She was completely helpless now to whatever the League had in store for her.

Toga appeared, shutting the door behind her and casually strolling over to a metal table on her left. There, she set down a small case before approaching the weak girl with her syringes out. Sora kicked at the ground, doing everything in her power to keep the blonde away. However, the villain's strength was too much for her at the moment as she pinned her flailing limbs down and stabbed her in the shoulder, drawing out almost a full syringe of blood, a hand coming up to cover Sora's mouth to keep her quiet.

Tears drew from her eyes as she whimpered in pain from the large needle stabbing her arm. She hadn't yet realized it, but this wasn't the first time this had happened. The pain in her shoulder was enough for her to realize that they'd been doing this to her for as long as they'd had her. Unbeknownst to her, it had been over a month since All For One's fight with All Might and she'd been conscious for most of it although quickly forgetting it due to her head trauma.

She struggled against Toga's hand, forcefully breathing through her nose and wanting nothing more than to cry out in pain.

"Quiet already," the blonde complained, finally drawing the syringe out of her arm and inspecting the dark red liquid within it. She stood from her place and moved back over to the table where she set the medical tool down and fiddled with the metal case.

"W-What are you doing?" Sora's voice was raspy from the lack of use.

"Collecting your blood." Her response was casual as if stealing another person's blood was completely normal.

"Once I get my power back, I'll get you back for this."

"Don't worry, you won't be getting them back any time soon." She then picked up a small gun from the case and Sora's whole body froze with fear. She then loaded the gun with a clip full of capsule bullets that were filled with some kind of fluid. What does that mean? Sora wondered if Toga was about to kill her on the spot and end her misery, but she was terribly wrong.

The blonde pointed the weapon at her, casually shooting her in the leg, leaving the girl with the tiny capsule sticking out of her thigh. "It's a little gift from a new friend of ours." She put the gun back in the case and moved to the door.

"Wait! Are you not gonna feed me or anything? Are you just gonna leave me here to die?!" Toga glanced at the girl over her shoulder with narrowed eyes.

"You get your meals at night. Or did you already forget that?" Sora's body fell limp at that notion, jumping slightly at the loud sound of the door shutting. Had they had this conversation before? She reached her hands to tug the little capsule from her leg, wincing at the feeling of the small needle exiting her skin. The tiny vial was now empty, whatever its contents now filling her body. She tossed it aside, only now realizing that there were countless other bullets just like it sitting on the ground beside her. She paled at the fact.

She leaned her head back against the wall. You need ot keep it together or you're never getting out of here. She flexed her hands, attempting to force the lightning out, but to no avail. She slumped, biting her tongue as she tried to think of a way out.

Midoriya returned to the dorms after school had ended (and after he got his ass kicked by Mirio with the others) and trodded straight up to his room. He quickly changed out of his school uniform and into a comfortable t-shirt and shorts so he could relax after a painful first day back in class. He sat on the edge of his bed, thinking about all the things that had happened up until now. He got his Provisional Hero License, he had a rough fight with Kacchan and finally got to tell him about One For All, and Sora... It had been a long time since anyone had any updates on the League's whereabouts and most had already assumed that she'd died at their hands. However, he held onto hope, just like he always did.

The green-haired boy stood from his seat and began to head downstairs for dinner but made a detour up to the fourth floor and into the girls' quarters. At the end of the hall rested the room that would've belonged to Sora. He gently opened the door and flicked on the lights, gazing around the empty room that was only filled with necessities such as a bed and desk as well as a couple sweet notes and gifts that the other students had left in hopes that one day she would come home to them.

Midoriya glanced around, noting the All Might poster that he had hung up above the desk in an attempt to make it a little more homey if she did return. He grit his teeth and exhaled heavily through his nose. Every day he lived with the regret of letting her go when he knew he could've done more. He wished he'd done more. If he had, she might be here now with everyone.