34

Upon making it to a safe location where they knew the League wouldn't be able to find Bakugou, the blonde was violently shoved into the alley wall, his red eyes furiously searching for the perpetrator. They weren't that hard to find as Iida and Kirishima had resorted to holding the green-haired boy back.

Bakugou caught his balance against the wall, leering at Deku who dared to lay a finger on him. They had just risked their lives to save this boy and suddenly he was being targetted within the group?

"Why didn't you catch her?!" Silence filled the alley at Midoriya's outburst. The boys' arms slacked, no longer needing to hold the boy back. On the other hand, Bakugou's eyes were wide and for once, he was silent. His red eyes trailed to Kirishima whose eyes were glued to his feet. It seemed everyone was on the same page but him. Yet, he couldn't think of a single word to say that would clear the air. "Why didn't you catch her," he asked again, albeit quieter.

Bakugou's mouth opened, trying to force something out but the silence continued. "She needed us..." Midoriya had failed to reach out to the blonde when he was kidnapped days before and now it was all happening again before his eyes. "She needed you. And you dropped her."

"She's a villain―"

"We know!" All of the boys were shocked. None of them knew that Midoriya was capable of speaking this way. Especially to Bakugou who would've loved to put his fist in Deku's face had he not been trying to recuperate from being kidnapped. "We promised her we'd get her out." Midoriya began exiting the alleyway so they could fall back into the streets where they promised they'd meet up with Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. "And we failed."

They all followed him out, being sure to keep eyes on the blonde just in case he disappeared again. He kept his eyes on the ground and was lost in thought. Deku of all people was mad at him... Should he have grabbed Sora? Was he supposed to save her? Was Kirishima upset with him too? He was the one that needed rescuing, so why was he suddenly the bad guy? He suddenly felt sick to his stomach. Did he make the wrong choice? Was she dead because of his actions? Was he to blame for her death?

Back at the scene, All for One and All Might were really throwing blows which meant the League of Villains couldn't do much other than be in the way. To the side, however, laid Sora's body which subtly twitched like some kind of miracle. After completely knocking out on the impact of her fall, she managed to survive, albeit with broken bones.

The spinning tornado of All Might's power must have brought her back to consciousness. She groaned in agony, her bones feeling like dust underneath her skin. Her head lolled to the side, her hazy vision trying its best to focus on the battle occurring right next to her. It was hard to make out at first, but she was beginning to see All Might's true form peaking through his famous physique. The girl was in so much pain, but she knew she needed to get out of here now or else she'd be at death's door.

The silver-haired girl rolled over onto her stomach and strained her neck to pick her head up to try and find some kind of escape route. Unfortunately for her, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu were long gone and the damage from the fight left very little options to get away. She peered around, trying her best not to be noticed by the others, finally landing her eyes on a severed power line that had gotten ripped out of the ground by the fight. Tiny sparks shined like a beacon to her.

Bingo.

Sora began to crawl toward it, dragging her limp body through the dirt so that she might live to see the sun rise one more time.

In the city, Bakugou ran into the back of Kirishima who had abruptly stopped in the crowd that watched the fight go down on the big screens. He too had his neck craned up to look at the broadcast, slapping Bakugou on the chest to get his attention. The blonde glumly looked up at the screen and felt his heart stop as they panned over to a teen with silver hair trying to pull themselves away from the chaos.

Everyone watched with their hearts pounding. Was that a U.A. student? How did she get dragged into this mess? People rooted for Sora to make it to safety but the boys were already so happy to see that she was still alive.

Her nails dug into the ground as she forced her body to move. Tears welled in her eyes from the pain but she pushed through. She had no choice but to make it to those wires as they were the only thing that could possibly save her from certain death. She outstretched her hand. The line was so close yet so far. It was like she could feel it against her fingertips but not enough to force her body through it.

She reached and reached, feeling the sparks send electricity through her body. Sora gave one final push almost wrapping her hand around the wire. Almost.

Some kind of magnetic pull surrounded her body, dragging her back toward the League of Villains who were being dragged into the portal that All for One had forced open. Sora clawed at the ground, giving everything she had to resist the pull she felt toward Shigaraki.

"No," she pleaded with the world. "No, no, no!" She began screaming and crying, praying that someone or something would save her from that hell... That karma would forgive her just this once and let her see tomorrow. She cried out in anguish as the power line drifted further and further out of her sight. Her chance for escape was dwindling and she felt her hope vanish from her body.

Claw marks were all that remained as she was slowly pulled into the portal and disappeared without a trace. The echoes of her screams rang through the air, only covered up by the sound of the hero and villain altercation. All Might knew he had failed to save one of his dear students, but reaching her was impossible while trying to take All for One down.

Though the fight was still raging on, the crowds had become silent. Had they really just seen a kid fall to their doom? Kirishima, Iida, Midoriya, and Bakugou were all speechless. Their classmate, friend, and lover had just disappeared into the void, and this time, she was un-savable. She was now a puppet in their palms, to be detained or even killed. And there was nothing they could do about it.

The green-haired boy put his head down, trying to calm his watering eyes within the chaos. She had trusted them and they failed. He couldn't watch anymore. Not when her cries for help fell on deaf ears. It was just like plenty of villains before them had cried for: a savior. Now they kind of understood why the society they knew was beginning to crumble.