29

"Sora, you have watch today." The girl rolled her eyes. She had barely stepped foot in the bar and she was already doomed to a day of torture. Bakugou was snoozing peacefully―as peacefully as he could in the uncomfortable wooden chair. Sora got comfortable at the bar and leered at Kurogiri.

"Why can't you?"

"Shigaraki and I have business to attend to. And the others are doing as they please." She rolled her eyes again. Of course, they were.

"Great," she mumbled. "No better way to spend my day than being chewed out by a rabid dog." Kurogiri excused her sarcasm and made quick of cleaning the bar so that he could depart. The bar was eerily quiet. There was usually at least one or two people in here, but instead, it was just her and the shackled blonde. She prayed that he'd sleep all day and save her the heartache of listening to him scream at her.

But maybe this was a good opportunity to talk to him. Sora checked her surroundings once more, finding that Kurogiri left without a trace. She decided that the air was clear and they were truly alone. How dumb of them to trust her like this.

The silver-haired girl gently shook the boy awake which proved easy as he refused to sleep heavily due to his situation. Bright ruby eyes remained narrow as he stared at the girl before him. "Kats―"

"Get the fuck out of my face." She knew this was going to be difficult. She was dealing with the most stubborn boy on the planet, for Pete's sake.

"No," she refused. "We have to talk."

"I don't want to fucking hear it! Fuck you." A swell of emotions rose up in her body. She was both saddened and irritated at the words he spat at her. Sora raised a fist and lightly punched the top of his head.

"Please, for once, just shut up!" She was tired and she could tell she wasn't going to get anywhere.

"Don't ever fucking touch me again. You got it, bitch?" A vein just about popped out of her forehead. That one struck a nerve. She leaned very close to him, matching his growl.

"Listen, dumbass. Do you wanna get out of here or not?!" Although his glare remained, his mouth slid shut. He was ready to listen now. Sora took this as a cue to step back and give him space to breathe. "Jeez... It's like everything I've ever told you flew in one ear and out the fucking other." She moved to the bar, finding a drink necessary for her parched throat (not that alcohol was the answer for such an issue).

She poured herself a hefty shot of what she assumed was tequila and swirled it around. "You want anything?" Her eyes shot back to the boy, simply finding him staring at her. She shrugged and threw back her drink. At least she offered. "Remember that time I told you to trust me no matter what? And to be my hero when I needed one?" The boy huffed in response. He averted his eyes to the brick wall to his left.

What the fuck was she on about? How was any of that important now that he knew she was a villain? "You promised you would..." His interest was suddenly piqued.

"That was before you let them kidnap me. Why would I listen to someone that wants to turn me into a villain, huh? Was that your goal the whole time?" He leaned forward in his seat, doing his best to intimidate her from a distance.

"No!" Sora rubbed at her face. Man, was this exhausting. "I'm trying to get you out of here. I never wanted them to bring you here in the first place, but they've stopped listening to me."

"If you want me out of here, then let's go right now."

"It's not that simple, Katsuki."

"Don't call me that." The girl dragged her bottom lip between her teeth. Right. She knew this was going to happen. How could she forget? She took a deep breath, facing away from him so he wouldn't see the tears building up in her eyes. She had to hold herself up against the bar in fear that her knees would give out.

"You're not the only one suffering here," she croaked. "Listen. As much as I want to get you out of here by myself, I can't as long as I'm being blackmailed. If they find out that I'm helping you, then they'll kill Reina... I can't lose her and you know that."

"Then how the fuck are you helping me? I don't need your protection."

"I'm trying to work with Midoriya and the others, but he's been unconscious since the fight and I can't get a hold of Todoroki." Rage filled his body at her words.

"They knew?" He was suddenly furious. How could she have trusted them more than him? After everything they'd been through.

"No―well, they do now. But, I know that they'll do everything in their power to come get you and I'll support them when they do―"

"And then you'll just continue living your double life like nothing ever happened? Cut the bullshit. There's no way you're getting away with this crap!" She spun around, her tears long free from her eyelids.

"Don't you think I know that?! Yet, here I am, doing my best to ensure your safety!" Sobs threatened to spill out, but she choked them back. Her whole body trembled as he stared her down. His gaze set her skin on fire and she was beginning to lose her composure. "E-Excuse me for a moment," she whimpered. Sora retreated to the back room again to try and recollect herself. She was an emotional wreck. She had hoped he would be more understanding of her situation, but that was clearly nothing but false hope.

The girl wiped her tears and gave her cheeks a few pats of encouragement before returning through the curtain only to find him staring at the ground. If she didn't know any better, she would've assumed he was as nonchalant as ever. But she could see the way his red irises were glossed over with fresh tears from the horrid truth that the one person he'd ever given his heart to had stolen it and handed it over to the enemy. How could she do this to him?

"Was it all a lie?" His voice was uncharacteristically quiet; she almost missed his question. However, her ears caught the crack of his voice and fell into step across the room. Sora kneeled in front of him so that she could look into his eyes, aching to hold him and tell him that everything was gonna be okay.

"Of course not." She faltered for a moment, wondering if he would freak out at her touch. But she decided that it was important. Her fingertips met with the soft skin of his wrist, just above the contraption over his hands. Her forehead then fell to his knees, shielding her gaze. "Every single moment I spent with you was real. Everything was real. I never ever lied to you. I just couldn't come to tell you about this..."

She exhaled slowly, gulping down her nerves. Whether he rejected her or not, she had to tell him. "I wanted to so badly when you were leaving for camp. But I was scared you would throw me to the curb..." She lifted her head back up, her silver locks brushing against her cheeks and framing her face. Her eyes continued to water as she stared into his which looked back at her blankly. "You promised me that you would trust me and now's the time that I need you to keep it―"

"Fuck no," he growled. The soft moment they had for a moment was gone in an instant. He began to shake in anger at her naivety. Did she really think that any of this was okay? "How the fuck do you expect me to trust you after this?! Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"You promised!" He suddenly jolted in the chair, startling Sora enough to send her tumbling to the floor. She stared up at him with pleading eyes. She was doing and risking so much for him, yet he was so hostile. Why wouldn't he believe her?

"Promises are made to be broken." He was now glaring at her just as fiercely as he did Shigaraki. It made her shiver, seeing him so cold. "You can't fool me with your lies anymore." The serious tone of his voice made every last drop of hope drain from her body. It was no use.

Sora stood up with a sigh. There was no budging him.

"Okay," she gave in. "Then, you don't have to..." Her feet began to drag her back to the empty barstool. "But I will get you out of here no matter what." She took a seat at the bar, waiting for someone to come relieve her of watching over him "You have my word."

After hours of heavy silence, Kurogiri finally returned with Shigaraki. The two strode in nonchalantly, but they could definitely feel the tension in the quiet room but didn't speak about it.

"How was it?" Instead of responding, Sora gathered herself and stormed out of the bar into the pouring rain, leaving behind what was left of her and Bakugou's relationship to die.